Chapter 5- of course I care

Chapter 5- Of course I care

Maddi's pov-

I wake up in a hospital room with the sun shining through the window, I look over to see John b sitting in the chair next to me with his elbows on his knees and his hands on his head. I try to sit up but a sharp pain comes from my side. I groan in pain which causes my brother to look up. He smiles seeing that i'm awake and grabs my hand.

"you're awake" he says in a cheerful tone.

"what happened?" I ask him. I remember going to the party,  getting in a fight with JJ and drinking but thats it.

"It doesn't matter right now, i'm just glad your okay"
He says. I look at his face, he looked tired and had a big black eye.
"Omg what happened to your eye?" I ask John b

"Topper happened, you're in the hospital and you're worried about me?" He ask me with a chuckle

"I always worry about you"  I say as the doctor walks in. He does a quick exam and tells me I have two bruised ribs and a concusion. He also said I have stitches on my side because of where I got kicked it cause my skin to rip pretty deep. Nurses and doctors come in and out for the next couple hours doing blood test and scans. After a while they all left and it gave me a moment to think. It hit me, I remeber everything. I tried not to cry but a tear drop escapes my eyes.

"whats wrong" My brother ask me.

"I remember what happened" I tell him. I can't hold it in any longer, tears start pouring down my face. John b hops in the bed next to me and wraps his arm around me. I cry in his arms for a while until I finally calm down.

"Maddi I know this probaly isn't the best time but I need to know what happened." John b says looking down at me. I understand why. He doesn't know what happened and he needs to know. I open my mouth about to say something when Kie burst through the door. She has a tray with coffees. When she sees i'm awake she sets down the coffees and run to give me a hug. John b moves back to sit on the chair by the bed.

"I'm so glad your awake" she tells me as she lets go from our hug and hand me and John b some coffee. Pope comes in and we all talk for a while. Kie sits on the end of the bed while pope stands next to the bed. We laugh and Joke around for a couple hours. It was getting late so they head home. JJ didn't come by at all. I was a little concerened but thought maybe he was just having a bad day

The doctor came in around 7 with the lab results.

"your result came back positive for ruffies" He told us. John b stood up and clenched his fist. He was mad that he didn't know who did this and that they're just walking around with no consequences The doctor asked me what I remember from last night.

"I don't remember anything, Im sorry" I lie to him. If I told him what really happened then I would have to talk about it, plus it would mean the police had to be involved which would notify social services. And I definitely don't want that to happen. The doctor tells me I can be released tomorrow. He leaves after that.

"you need to go home" I tell my brother.

"no, I'm not leaving you" He argues.

"JB im fine, I can leave tomorrow. Go home take a shower and get some sleep." I explain to him

"besides I need clothes to leave in" I finally convience him. After asking me if I need anything about 50 times he goes home. I turn on the tv to distract myself from everything that happened. I hate hospitals and with any other situation I would be more focoused on that but right now I just need to sleep. I turn the tv off and fall asleep after a while of tossing and turning. My brain wouldn't stop running, I couldn't stop thinking about what happened.