Chapter 18- Moving day

Maddi's pov-

"what are you doing here?" I ask while rolling my eyes. Last night I had a lot of time to think. He thought I cheated, he didn't trust me. 

"I wanted to be here when you get back" JJ said akwardly. I was still in my midsummers dress. I pushed pass him and started cleaning up around the kitchen, grabbing empty cups and putting them in the sink. 

"Why? why would you want to be around a Cheater ?" I  snap turning to look at him. He was taken aback by my comment. 

"Maddi, i'm sorry" He took a step towards me but I put my hand up signaling for him to step back which he did.

"Sorry for what accusing me of cheating or not believing me when I told you I didn't?" I say raising my voice and then pushing past him walking to my room.

"Both" JJ follows me to my room. I grab a duffle bag from my closet and lay it on my bed opening it up.

"That's great JJ, you done now?" I sigh walking past him grabbing clothes from my dresser and stuffing them in the bag.

"No -what are you doing?" He says picking up on my packing.

"packing" I state.

"for?"

"John be and I are moving into the camerons" 

"Wait what" JJ says shocked. I continue walking back and forth from the dresser packing more clothes into the bag.

"Ward's gonna take us in to get away from Dcs" I reply.

"oh" He says looking up at me as I still walk back and forth grabbing my stuff.

"Maddi please stop and talk to me" JJ grabs my wrist making me turn to look at him.

"JJ there's nothing to talk about" I say looking up at him. He looks sorry, my face softens for a second looking into his ocean blue eyes. He still has bruises on his face from his dad. I almost go to hug him until I snap back out of it. "you don't trust me, how are we supposed to have a realationship if you can't even trust me"

"I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. Please just give me a chance to fix this" He drops my wrist ,his eyes plead for me to forgive him.

"Th- there's too much going on right now, I need to focus on John b and I" I tell him zipping up my bag.

"Wh-what does that mean for us?" JJ's voice slightly cracks. I walk a little closer to him and grab his hand.

"There can't be an us right now JJ, i'm sorry" I lightly kiss his hand that's intertwined with mine before dropping it. "I need time"

JJ nods before walking out of the house. A few tears slip my eyes before I quickly wipe them and head to John b's room. I grab his clothes and out them in a backpack before going to the bathroom and grabbing our toiletry's. Once I get everything I go to the front door looking around the house, remembering all the memories before shutting the door. I felt a wave of saddness wash over me, not knowing when i'll be back here again.

 I go to the van and drive to the hospital. I changed into some jean shorts and a yellow cropped tank top. Walking down the halls I felt a sense of lonleyness wash over me. Hospitals always gave me that feeling. I walk in the room to see John b and Sara kissing.

"gross" I mutter throwing both bags on the end of the bed. Sara pops up and clears her throat.

"Hey mads" My brother says akwardly.