Chapter 1

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Jennifer

I am currently getting ready for my first day of the last semester in the college. I'm excited to meet my friends again after a 2 week break. When I was wearing my sneakers I noticed that they were somewhat ripped from the backside so I replaced it with a pair of black boots instead and made a mental note to buy a new pair of sneakers.

I walked to the kitchen of my apartment to make some decent breakfast. I settled on making toast and tea. Suddenly my phone started to ring and I picked it up on the fourth ring. There were two people talking to themselves (as they know that I never pick up calls in the morning because I'm always late or pick up if they call me at least 5 times). Then Kathy realises that I picked up on the first call and squealed as if she won the jackpot and I had to place the phone back on the table to avoid ending up deaf.  After 5 minutes of her giving the nobel prize winning speech and me on the other hand finishing my breakfast, she finally came back to her senses.

"Are you even listening???" She said with annoyance in her voice.

"Yes I'm listening darling and to answer your unasked question yes I'm coming. I'll be there in about 20 minutes." I said

"Okayyyy great I have talked to Monica just now and she is on her way. I'm so excited to share with you guys how I spent my vacations in Italy." She said dreamily 

"Yups. I too want to tell you about my visit to my parents house." I told her while washing the dishes.

"So...we will meet at the metro station then?"

"Sure bye."

"Bye babes." And I heard someone laughing in the background. It is her school sweetheart Nick. They both look so great together. I know how much he adores her but she always repels him from becoming more than friends. She always tells me that how things would get complicated if they become boyfriend and girlfriend because she doesn't want to ruin her friendship. So it explains the situation.

I'm standing in the metro with a book in one hand that I was reading a few minutes ago but suddenly lost interest thinking about my life. I'm 20 years old and in the last year of my college, still I can't take a single decision of my life on my own.

My parents own LT Inc. which is one of the top companies in technology. You must be thinking that I'm so lucky and rich to have them as my parents but they never have time for me nor do they accept any of my choices. I wanted to live alone for some time to get peace of mind. So you can say that I have worked very hard in order to convince them to let me stay near college in an apartment with a name Jennifer Winget not Jennifer Lawrence. Also, they have already chosen a suitable groom from a high class business family for me without even asking me. It's all business that they care about, not me. I sighed.

I came out of my thoughts when I listened to my stop announcement. Once I took the escalator I fished my phone out of my bag and dialled Kathy's number. She answered on the second ring.

"Where are you?" I asked

"I'm standing near the exit gate with Monica. Come fast." She said

I exited the station and saw them standing near a bookshop talking and laughing. They are the best people I have ever met, they know everything about me being the "Jennifer Lawrence" and how my life is messed up and all. I run towards them excitedly. They looked at me in an instant and all three of us hugged each other.

"Heyyyyyy, I missed you guys so much." I said

"Me too" Kathy and Monica said at the same time. We settled into Monica's black Bugatti, I love this car. Kathy told us all the details about her trip to Italy which was full of fun and new experiences. Monica too told us about her trip to Maldives and how she met this hot guy over there. They instantly became friends and enjoyed their trip together. I on the other hand told them about visiting my parents house. How exciting? Note the sarcasm. It was like always, they just want me to complete the college, take responsibility in the company and get married to whoever they have chosen.

We got into our classes, most of the teachers didn't give us any work but just discussed the syllabus.

"We don't have Maths with Mr. Reynolds. He is marked absent for today." Kathy said, checking her phone.

"By the way, he's hot. I heard a lot about him lately." Monica said dreamily. This girl, I guess she has a crush on every single guy.

"Whatever. This means we are free which further concludes that we can go shopping for the time being." I said

"Totally." Kathy said, putting her phone in her bag.

"Always in." Monica said excitedly.

We went to the Dior store. This is one of our favourite stores. They have these really cute collections of clothing that we like.

"What about this?" I asked, showing a cute dress. It doesn't have any sleeves.

"Buy it." Kathy and Monica said at the same time.

We were almost done with the shopping when I looked out of the window and spotted my brother Walter. I ran out of the store with the speed of lightning and jumped on him. I love my brother, he is the only one who understands my feelings.

"Cutie pie." He said laughing.

"Why didn't you turn up last week? You know I had to go through all the nonsense on my own. They just kept blabbering about my so-called groom, I haven't even met yet." I said sadly.

"Awwwww how can I make it up to you?" He asked cheering me up

"Let me think.... what about a treat at Nando's?" I asked him with big eyes.

"Sure. Anything for you little sis." He said putting me down. I looked around and spotted Kathy and Monica looking at my brother dreamily, I guess they have only seen him in pictures. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

"This is my brother Walter." I told them

"And Walter, this is Kathy and Monica. My best friends." I said pointing towards each of them.

"Hi. It's nice meeting you. I have heard so much about you." He said smiling.

"Hii, nice to meet you too." Kathy said, shaking hands with him.

"Hello, you look so good." Monica said and I facepalm myself. Everyone laughed at my reaction.