Chapter 19

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡
Jennifer

Mr. Reynolds almost hit me in the face with his badminton if it weren't for my reflexes to duck down a little. But still it hit the side of my head which made me wince a little.

"Are you trying to kill me?" I huffed while he hit the shuttle back in the other court.

"No one has ever died from a slight hit of badminton. Stop being dramatic."

"Oh really?" The next time the shuttle came his way I stepped towards him to take the shot like he did and hit his head hard with my badminton.

"What the hell?" He looked straight in my eyes with fury.

"I'm sorry, did I hit you?" I said tilting my head to the side while putting a hand on my chest.

"You're asking me if you hit me? Can't you feel that?" He rubbed his hand on his head still maintaining eye contact.

"No one has ever died from a slight hit of badminton. Stop being dramatic." I said mimicking him.

He looked at me with narrowed eyes and I noticed that the shuttle was in our court lying on the ground by my foot.

"Are you guys okay?" Mr. Lee shouted coming towards us.

"Adam, change sides with me. I can't play alongside a horrible player. I don't want to end up in a hospital because of brain damage." There was a hint of amusement in his voice but I wonder if I really did hit him so hard that he doesn't want to play alongside me.

Then I felt relief filling me up because his intoxicating smell left with him allowing me to think properly again. It's for the best that he stays away from me. He's a devil indeed.

We played badminton for a solid forty-five minutes. I did miss a few shots here and there because of something distracting in my line of vision but not as much as others.

"So?" I asked Mr. Reynolds playfully, doing a little happy dance.

"I have to say you played well." He said smiling. That smile.

Impressed him. Check.
Happy dance. Check.
I was thinking of more things to check when Kathy tapped on my shoulder and I looked up at her with a, "What?"

"That guy over there in a red t-shirt was totally looking at you for like the entire time." I noticed a boy looking towards us but the moment he felt my eyes on him, he waved his hand awkwardly.

"So what?" I asked not glancing in that direction anymore.

"I'll go and ask for his number for you. Duh." She said casually and started to walk away but I hastily grabbed her hand in time to stop her.

"Please, not now." I pleaded her with my eyes to stop this madness right now but she acted as if I said something ridiculous.

"Do you know how Theo Bradford met this girl at the football game when he used to play for his college. He said he was so mesmerized by this girl's beauty when he saw her sitting in the front row. . ." I zoned out completely and utterly.

I noticed Mr. Reynolds was still standing quite close to me, meaning I could smell his perfume. The veins of his hand when he was pointing a finger in Mr. Lee's direction to make his point about I don't know what. His clenching jaw looked perfect from where I was standing. Before I could notice anymore of his gorgeous features I forced myself to look away and took a minute to calm my heart beat.

". . .We wouldn't have been able to call her Mrs. Bradford today." Kathy said nonchalantly. I don't know what to say to that, obviously I heard nothing. But I chose not to say anything and nodded. I know if Kathy talks with that guy, she'll gush about weird things which I don't want to happen.