Seventeen

Demi's POV

All through the plane ride, something seemed to be bothering Sierra. She seemed to be deep in though until I slightly nudged her with my elbow. "You okay?" I ask when she looks up at me. She smiles and nods. I've seen a more convincing smile from her, but I don't say anything about it. "Ever been on a plane?"

"Yeah, I used to go on them a lot when I did competitions." She replies.

"Why'd you stop?"

She shrugs before answering. "A lot happened after my dad died." A wave of guilt washed over me.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"No, it's fine," she cuts me off. "I've learned to deal with it. It was a long time ago, anyway." I wanted to ask how he died, but I didn't want to be too nosy. We had small, random conversations until the plane finally landed. When we got off, I immediately saw the car that was waiting for us. We grabbed our luggage and headed towards the car. The drive was the longest forty-five minutes of my life. I was so worried about Sierra being able to settle in okay. I hoped she liked the house. It was definitely big enough, way too big for just me. The driver pulled up to it, and Sierra's eyes almost popped out of her head. We got out and grabbed our luggage after I paid the driver. "You live here?" I nodded. "Just you?"

"Well, you now, too. Come on," I cheered as I led her to my front door. She stepped inside and stared in awe. I never really noticed how nice my house actually is until this little girl saw it. "I'll show you your room," I said, heading towards the guest bedroom. "I know it's plane, but I was thinking that we'd go get stuff for it today." She walked in and froze. It was pretty big. There were two huge walk in closet on either side of a big dresser. A bathroom was connected to the room, as well as a balcony. There was already a night stand sitting by the bed. "So we won't need a lot of furniture, unless you hate what's already in here."

She whipped her head around to look at me. "Hate? How can I hate anything about this? This is amazing," she said with a huge smile, which I knew was genuine. It was a gorgeous smile, which revealed small dimples on her cheeks. "Thanks, Demi," she said, taking a seat on the bed.

"Sure thing, I'm glad you like it. Now, how about we get shopping!"

I know this is really short, sorry! But do you like the new book cover?