Fifty-Four

Sierra's POV

"Let's go out somewhere for dinner tonight. Sound good?" Demi asked as we left the dance studio.

"Sure," I said casually. On the inside, I was freaking out. It's going to be so much harder purging tonight. "Oh, remember you told me I could bring someone to the concert?"

"Yes."

"I invited Matt. Is that okay?"

"Of course."

"Great. Would it be okay if he rides with us? So he'll have less trouble meeting us backstage?"

"Yeah, that will work," Demi responded. "So where do you want to go to eat?"

"Uhm, I don't know. Anywhere is fine, I guess."

"How about Olive Garden?" Demi suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I said, forcing a smile. 

It didn't take long to get to the restaurant. We were immediately seated towards the back, and a waiter was soon at our table.

"What can I get you two to drink?" He asked.

"Water, please," Demi responded.

"Water for me, also," I added.

Demi didn't even give me a questioning look as the waiter left. She knows by now that I like to drink water.

"What are you getting?" Demi asked me as she looked through her own menu.

"Uhm-"

"We had salad at home last night, so I want you to get something different," Demi said before I could answer.

Dang.

"I wasn't going to say salad," I lied. "I'm getting chicken Alfredo," I said confidently.

"Nice choice. I think I'll get the same."

The waiter soon came back with our waters, and we told him our orders. While we were waiting, he came with a basket of bread choices. Demi took a piece, but I denied.

"I won't have enough room for the Alfredo," was my excuse. And Demi believed it.

The pasta came, and Demi and I started eating at the same time. After several bites, I started pushing my food around my plate, trying to make it look like I had eaten more than I actually had. I cut the chicken and pasta into smaller pieces so it didn't seem like so much food. I really hope Demi doesn't catch on.

Demi's POV

I watched as Sierra scooted the rest of her food around her plate. She barely ate anything. She finally leaned back like she had eaten a lot. "Wow, I'm full. That was really good, though."

"Sierra, you didn't eat that much."

Her face dropped and she sighed. "I'm sorry, Demi. I'm just really nervous for tomorrow."

"Sweetie, you'll be fine," I said as I reached over the table to put my hand over hers. "But I want you to eat more than that."

"Demi, it's not-"

"It's not about weight, I know. I get it, some people eat less when they're nervous. But you didn't eat enough tonight. Take five more bites."

She lifted a fork full of pasta and put it in her mouth. She repeated that until she had taken five full bites, and I was satisfied. The waiter brought the receipt, and Sierra stood up.

"I haven't gone to the restroom since before dance, and I drank a lot of water. I'll be right back," Sierra said before making her way to the restroom.

Should I trust her? Or should I follow her?

If I follow her, she's going to feel like no one trusts her, like how I felt after recovery.

I convinced myself that I had to use the restroom, so I waited for the waiter to bring back my credit card, then I headed towards the restroom. Right before I opened the door, Sierra opened it. I guess I wasn't going to check on her tonight.

Sierra's POV

I opened the door to see Demi standing right outside of it. Oh God, did she hear me purge? I held my breath as I waited to see what she was going to say.

"Hey, can you hold my purse for me, sweetie? I have to use the restroom before we leave," Demi asked.

I let out the breath I was holding and smiled. "Sure," I answered as I took her purse. I waited by the front door while Demi used the restroom. I texted Matt as I waited. He told me that he got permission from his mom to come, then he sent me his address. Soon, Demi joined me.

"Alright, ready?" Demi asked as I handed her back her purse.

"Yes. What time do you think we'll be by Matt's house?"

"Probably around one. We'll need to get to the auditorium early to do some technical testing."

I texted Matt the time, then followed Demi out of the door.

I just need to find away to get out of eating breakfast and lunch tomorrow, then maybe I could stay skinny enough for the concert.

You can do it Sierra, just hide from two more meals.