Fifty-Five

Sierra's POV

I sat laid in my bed for a long time when morning came. I was hoping that if I stayed in bed long enough, Demi would let me wait until lunch to eat. As I sat in bed staring at the ceiling, so many things flooded my mind. This is it. This is the day where I dance in front of hundreds of people. I wouldn't mind it too much, but this is a Demi Lovato concert. Her fans are going to be there, and they're going to expect everything to be perfect. What if I'm not perfect enough for them? What if I forget my dance on stage? And I freeze like a deer in headlights? What if I fall out of my turns? Or land one of my leaps wrong? Besides stage fright, I thought of what was going to happen after the concert. Matt's going to expect to meet my mom sometime. He'll find out that I'm still living with Demi. He'll figure out that I've been lying to him... again. All of my friends at school are going to figure out that I've been lying to them. What if I lose everyone?

Demi's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Hey, you're awake," she said as she stood in my door way. "Why haven't you gotten up?"

"I'm just thinking," I answered truthfully.

"About what?" She asked as she sat on the edge of my bed. I sat up and shrugged.

"Just about today. The concert. Praying that I don't fail too miserably."

"Sierra, you're going to be great. Get that in your head. Don't freak yourself out." I nodded as she spoke. "Now come on. Breakfast will get cold. I actually made a real breakfast this morning."

I put on a fake smile while internally groaning. I followed Demi downstairs and into the kitchen, following the smell of bacon. It made me want to throw up. I can't eat fatty bacon when I'm supposed to dance today. I looked at the table full of bacon, eggs, and fried potatoes. Demi had already made both of our plates. I sat down and stared at the plate of food in front of me. Demi had already started eating, then looked up to see me staring blankly at the breakfast.

"What's wrong?"

"Demi, I'm too nervous to eat."

"Sierra, you need energy. It's going to be a long day today, and you're not going to make it without a good breakfast."

I sighed and picked up a piece of bacon. I slowly put it in my mouth and started to chew. Demi looked satisfied as I ate. Why was it so much harder to eat this morning? I knew I was just going to throw it up right afterwards. So just stuff it all down.

I managed to finish my food before Demi and I got up to put my plate away. "I'm going to take a shower," I said to Demi before heading back to my room.

"Sierra?" Demi said, stopping me. I turned around and waited for a reply. "I'm proud of you for eating all of your breakfast." I forced a smile on my face, then continued back to my room. I shut my door, then went into my bathroom. I turned on the shower to drown out the sounds of my gagging. Last night was too close, I didn't want any chance of getting caught. After I got rid of the disgusting calories, I undressed and got into the shower. The warm water felt good on my sore muscles. I let my body relax under the water before washing my hair and body. I dried myself off and wrapped a towel around my dripping hair. Then I went back into my room to get dressed for the day. Before I put my shirt on, I stared at my body in my mirror. I was completely disgusted at the sight. All I saw was fat.

Fat. Fat. FAT! The voices taunted.

"I know," I mumbled to myself. I have gone without keeping down a single meal all week. I was able to skip most of them. How was I still so big? I finally put my shirt on and tried to push the thoughts out of my mind.

Demi was right. This WAS going to be a long day.