Forty-Nine

Sierra's POV

Demi had just finished putting a few soft curls in my hair when the doorbell rang. "He's here," Demi squealed in excitement.

"It's really not that big of a deal," I respond.

"Whether you agree with me or not, this is just absolutely adorable." Demi turns to walk out of the room. "I'll go get him."

"No!" I shout before she could leave the room. "Remember? I don't want anyone to know I'm living with a famous person."

"Am I really that embarrassing?"

"Demi, you know it's nothing personal." The doorbell rings again. "Coming!" I yell, hoping Matt had heard me. "Sorry," I tell Demi. I do feel really sorry. I feel bad for trying to hide her.

"No, I understand. I'll be in my room until you leave then."

"Thanks."

"Bye, sweetie. Have fun. Remember, no later than ten. That gives you plenty of time to eat and go to your movie."

"Right. Bye," I say as I go to the front door and Demi goes to her room. I make sure my outfit is all straightened out, then I open the door with a big smile. "Hi, Matt. Sorry it took so long."

"That's cool. This is my mom," he says, gesturing to the woman behind him.

"Hello, Mrs. Kimp," I say, hoping she has the same last name as Matt. Thankfully, I was right.

"Hi, Sierra, it's great to finally meet you. I've heard a lot about you."

"Really?" I ask, glancing at Matt.

"I had to bring her. I can't drive yet," Matt jokes.

"So where's your parent?" Mrs. Kimp asks.

"Oh, my, uh, mom is in her room. She said she's not presentable, but I think she looks just fine."

"Does she know you're leaving now?"

"Yes," I respond. "I'll make sure." I turn around as to not be yelling in their face. "Mom! I'm going! I'll see you tonight!"

"Okay, sweetie, have fun!" Demi yells from her room. "Love you!"

"Love you, too!" I call back. Very convincing, Demi.

"Alright, well if you're ready," Matt says, holding out his arm. I smile and take it. He leads me to his mom's car, and we both get in the back, as it would be awkward for one to be in the front and the other to be in the back.

His mom drives us to the place Matt had picked out for pizza. My nerves sky-rocket, and I dig around in my handbag, making sure I have my laxatives. I start to calm down a little once I feel them in my hand.

Matt and I sat at one table and Matt's mom sat at another. "How about we just get one for us, and if we don't finish it, then one of us can take it home," Matt suggested.

"Yeah, that sounds good," I responded. I knew he'd be the one taking it home. I was only going to have piece, anyways.

"So what do you like?" Matt asked.

"I don't care," I said with a shrug. Actually, the less on it, the better. "Cheese is good with me."

"Okay, I'll go get a cheese then," Matt said before leaving. I looked around, trying to spot the bathroom. I needed to know where it was so I could go as soon as I needed.

Matt soon returned. "They'll bring it once it's ready," he informed me.

"Okay," I responded with a nod.