Thirteen

Sierra's POV

Once we got back up to Demi's hotel room, I wanted to take a shower to get all the chlorine out of my hair. "Demi, can I take a shower?" I asked.

"Of course," she replied. I grabbed my clothes I was wearing earlier and went into the bathroom. While waiting for the water to warm up, I looked at my body in the mirror. I gained weight while in the hospital. I forced my eyes away from the mirror, disgusted and disappointed that I let myself eat that much. I got in the shower once the water was at a good temperature. I let the warm water flow down my neck and back. After washing my hair and body, I let myself sit under the warm water as I though about everything. My mom's dead. She's happier now. She obviously wasn't enthusiastic about being alive. I miss her, but not the way she was the past years. I miss her being the way she was before my dad died. Of course, I missed that everyday, so this isn't anything different. I do wish her murderer, Greg, was dead, too. No, not dead, just non-existent. My dance teacher, Ms. Clara, will she be worried when I don't show for class? Maybe I can get Demi to take me to the studio before we leave, which she said was tomorrow. Hopefully Ms. Clara will be back from her vacation. Either way, I'm just another student. I'm not even on the competition team. I'm sort-of...irrelevant there. The thing that bothered me the most finally crossed my mind; I was the cause of my best friend's death. Cristal, my only school friend. I knew she had heart problems, and I wasn't there. She was worried about me. If it wasn't for me and my problems, she'd still be alive. She was too young. She did nothing to deserve death. I started to tear up when I heard a loud knock on the door, making me jump. "Sierra? Are you okay? You've been in there for a while." I heard Demi call out.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just getting out." I replied as I turned off the water. I changed into my clothes and wrapped my hair in a towel. After I came out, Demi took a shower. While she was in the shower, I dug in my bag and got my make-up out. I applied a light, natural look, trying to cover up the faded bruise on the side of my face. Demi stepped out while I was putting my make-up away.

"Why make-up today?" Demi asked with a confused look on her face.

I shrugged my shoulders. "I like putting make-up on," I said. I didn't want her to think that I fish for compliments, because I don't. 

"Okay, I guess that's fine if it's only a little. I like your face just the way it is," Demi replied while bopping my nose. I gave a fake smile. I knew she was lying. "What do you want for lunch? If you don't want to go anywhere, we'll just get room service."

I shrugged my shoulders. "I'm not hungry."

She gave me a look of doubt. "You didn't have very much for breakfast, and you just went swimming. You have to be hungry." I shook my head. "Okay, well I'll order enough for both of us, and if you get hungry, there'll be food." I nodded and sat criss-cross on the bed while she called room service. after she hung up, I decided to ask about my dance.

"Um, Demi?"

"Mmm hmm?"

"Is there a way we can stop by my dance studio before we leave?"

"Of course! How about after lunch?" I nodded, excited to go back into the studio. It felt like forever since I'd been. "And I promise, we'll find a studio once we get back home." She said, sitting next to me.

Short, I know. I'll update again soon. I need ideas... Hope you like it, though!