Forty-One

Sierra's POV

"And one and up! And three and four and five and six and hit! And eight," Ms. Jen called as I rehearsed my solo for Demi's upcoming concert. "And three and four and five and six and hold hold hold," she continued as my music ended. For lyrical, the counts were pretty intense. "That was good. Go get some water," Ms. Jen instructed. I nodded, then walked over to where my water bottle was. I was so out of breath. Ms. Jen looped the music so I would run it five times in a row. "Great job today, Sierra."

"Thank you," I said after catching my breath.

"Alright, now you can rest as the group runs through theirs. You know I'm going to be working them hard for the competition tomorrow."

I nodded, then followed her out of the room. She went to the front to take care of something, and I went into the other room where the group rehearses. I took a seat where I normally do, and watched as the group talked to each other. It's like this everyday. I'm completely invisible.

"Alright, girls, is everyone warm? I hope so, because I want to waste no time with this number. We are competing tomorrow! Remember that," Ms. Jen called as the girls automatically got into their starting positions. They ran through the number that I have seen so many times. It was still beautiful, though. "Water break, then I want to drill those fouettes," she said after the group danced the number several times. Everyone left out of breath and returned a few moments later, getting into their spacing for the fouettes.

-

"You'll be there tomorrow, right?" Ms. Jen asked once class was dismissed.

"Yes, definitely," I replied.

"Great! Have a good night, and I'll see you there," she said with a smile.

"You, too," I said, returning the smile.

Demi was already waiting for me in the parking lot. "How was it?" She asked as I threw my dance bag into the car and got in.

"Good. I think the group will do great tomorrow."

"I'm sure they will."

-

"Demi, we worked so hard today in dance. I'm so tired. Can I just go to bed?" I asked once we got back home. I already ate today, and I don't want to again.

"Sure," she responded.

"Really?"

"Yup, right after you eat."

She turned to the kitchen, and I rolled my eyes as I followed her.

Demi's POV

I'm still really worried about Sierra. I mean, she hasn't appeared to have gained any weight since she's been with me. She's still super unhealthily skinny. No way am I letting her skip any meals, whether she's really tired or not. She could be telling the truth, that she just wants to go to bed and it has nothing to do with eating, but I'm not taking any chances.

-

Once we both ate, I put our dishes in the dishwasher.

"Thanks, Demi. Now can I go to bed?"

"Yes," I replied. "It's a long day tomorrow, huh?"

"Yeah, but it'll be fun," Sierra said before going to her room. She stopped before going in. "Good night."

"Good night," I replied. She shut her door, and I went to my room.

I thought about checking on her, but I didn't want to be too pushy. I'm probably freaking out over nothing. I mean, I remember when I got better and everyone was still concerned. It was annoying. I decided to leave it alone tonight. She's probably fine.