Sixteen

Demi's POV

After getting back to the hotel, I put our leftovers in the fridge, next to the leftovers from lunch. I made a mental note to have that for breakfast in the morning, even if it isn't breakfast food. We had to get up early tomorrow, but I wasn't tired, and it didn't seem like Sierra was, either. "Let's change into pajamas and make sure everything is packed for tomorrow," I said. Sierra nodded and grabbed all of her stuff off of the dresser, putting them in her bag. After we were in our pajamas and packed, we settled down on the beds. I turned on the TV to some random channel that Sierra seemed to be interested in earlier. She fell asleep quickly, so I turned the TV off and went to sleep myself.

-

My alarm clock went off, waking both of us. Sierra went into the bathroom to get dressed as I started warming up food. She came back out and started digging through her packed bag, bringing out all of her make-up. "What's that for?" I asked. We were only going to the airport, and she's only eleven.

"I like to wear make-up," she said cautiously. I walked over and took everything out of her hands except for her mascara and light eye shadow. Girls her age probably wear more than that, but I am now her legal guardian, and I say she doesn't need all of it. "Demi," she whined as I stuffed the make-up that I took back into her bag.

"You don't need all of that, we're just going to the airport. Besides, you are a natural beauty. Don't try to hide it." She sighed, walking into the bathroom with her mascara and eye shadow. After she was done, she walked over to where I was.

"Demi, I'm barely wearing any."

"I could have made it so you weren't wearing any at all. Come on, we need to hurry up and eat. There's going to be a cab waiting for us in ten minutes."

"I'm not hungry," she mumbled.

I stared at her as I placed a plate of food in front of her. "Please. We won't be able to eat until the plane lands." I was really getting worried. This little girl cannot have an eating problem, she's too young. She gave in and picked up the fork. I smiled as I saw her eat, happy that my thinking was right. We both made an effort to eat quickly and brush our teeth. I put my hair up in a messy bun, and Sierra had hers in a perfect ponytail. Then we rushed down to lobby to get in the car that was waiting for us.

"Wait, Demi, I need to use the restroom." Sierra pleaded.

"Why didn't you go in the room? The car's waiting."

"We were in a hurry."

"And we still are," I continued as I took Sierra's hand. "The airport isn't far, can you hold it?" I asked, dragging her with me to the car. I could tell the driver was getting impatient.

Sierra's POV

Demi wouldn't let me go to the bathroom in the hotel. I needed to get the food out! I was worried she was catching on to me this morning, but I hope I changed her thoughts with eating breakfast. But now that I have eaten, it needs to come out. Through the whole car ride, I was wishing to hurry and get to the airport before it was too late. When the driver did finally pull up to the entrance, it was my turn to drag Demi behind me. I searched frantically for a bathroom. "Over there," Demi said while pointing to a sign that read Lady's Room. I ran towards it and Demi followed behind.  Luckily, no one else was in the restroom at the time. I bent down and quickly pressed my fingers to the back of my throat, but I just gagged. Nothing came up. I tried three times, nothing. I was going to keep trying, but I heard the door open and someone walked in. I stood up, flushed, then walked out of the stall. Thankfully, that person wasn't Demi. I washed my hands, then met Demi outside of the restroom. "Ready? We have to go, security takes forever to get through." I nodded and smiled, following Demi wherever she went. She was right; security is a pain in the butt, but whatever keeps us safe, I guess. We were finally able to get on the plane. I followed Demi to our seats. First class, nice.