Five

Sierra's POV

        I start my warm up with jumping jacks to get my blood flowing. Then I do normal stretches for my legs, hips, and shoulders. I practice my over-splits. They improve all the time, but I still want to be more flexible. It's so cool to contort your body in ways that freak some people out. I want to improv a little, so I ask to borrow Ms. Clara's IPod. I open up YouTube and pick out a song that I heard last night that I love: Give Your Heart a Break. Right when the song ends, Ms. Clara comes in to tell me that it's time for class. I give her her IPod back and join my fellow dancers. They work on the group number without me most of the time since their competition is tomorrow. I don't mind. I love to watch them dance. They're so insinc with each other, and it's absolutely beautiful. We get out of class and I find my mom where she usually parks, except this time,  there's someone else in the car: Greg. He was sitting in the driver's seat and my mom was in the passenger's seat next to him. They where having a make-out session, but stopped as soon as they heard me open the door to the back seat. They don't say anything to me, though. They just giggle about random nonsense as Greg drives us home. "So, um, mom?" I ask once we step inside." She looks at me, waiting for my question. "Can I do that dance competition I was telling you about?"

        "Sierra, as long as it doesn't cost anything and you have a way to get there, I don't care." She says before following Greg into her, well their, bedroom. I knew she wouldn't be coming back out, so i went into the kitchen to see what dinner was. They had a microwave meal. Gross. Those things are full of sodium and extra calories that I don't need. I reach into the fridge and grab an apple. I finish it quickly, then go up to my room to get ready for bed. It's the weekend, so I can finally sleep in!

I  wake up Saturday morning, and run down the stairs. Immediately, I smell pancakes and bacon, which is weird, because mom hates cooking. I walk into the kitchen to see Greg fixing plates of food. Maybe he isn't such a bad guy. I knew he made it for everyone because there were three plates of food out. "Good morning." He says.

"Morning," I said. I don't like the way he looks. He always looks like he's hiding something. I'm probably just overreacting. My mom walks in, and she never looks so good in the morning. Her hair is brushed out and light make-up is on. Is she trying to impress Greg? It must be working.

"Good morning, beautiful," He says to her as she grabs the plate of food from his hands. 

"Good morning!" She says back in a chippery voice. It's so weird.

The pancakes were so good! I went to get another one, but my mom stopped me. "Don't eat too much, Sierra." They both giggle at that. Ugh. I walk up to my room, shut the door, and open YouTube o my laptop. I do morning stretches to calm music every weekend. I heard it helps with metabolism. Afterwords, I just sit and watch random videos until I get bored. 

It's late, and I have not stepped out of my room all day, and no body has said anything. Usually, my mom wants to gripe about something, but today, nothing. I open my door and hear light giggles. I tip-toe down the stairs to see what's going on, and they're having the most ridiculous kissing session. They noticed I was there, and they stop. "Sierra, it's late. Go to bed." My mom tells me.

"I didn't eat dinner yet," I respond. Greg stands up and slowly walks towards me. When he gets right in front of me, I take a step back and he grabs my upper arms.

"Listen to your mother," he says through his teeth. Just this morning, he seemed okay, but now, he's insane.

"O-okay," I manage to choke out. He lets go and I run up to me room as fast as I can and go straight to bed, but I can't fall asleep. My heart was beating so fast.