Eighteen

MY LIFE HAS never been this so plain and boring. Like something's missing and I know exactly who it is.

       I'm inside my car, just staring at the windshield. I feel like I can't drive anymore. Morpheus made me used to be inside his car while he drove. I remember when I resisted him from fetching me but he reasoned out how his vehicle is on coding. I know he just wants to be with me and of course, the feeling is mutual. I just have to be cool sometimes and pretend that I'm not that smitten with him.

       I make my way to work like how I normally did when I was still a single, hopeless romantic lady who's caged in an arranged marriage, hungry to choose who she wants to love. Turns out, the one who she was committed to marrying is also the one who I'm going to love so dearly.

       The tables are turned.

       How have I been able to live like this for so many years? I'm never going back to this kind of life again. Morpheus made my life better. 

       I settle myself into complete focus on finishing the pending work on my table. Later, I will be having lunch at my favorite snack place since college. It's a simple place and they serve mouth-watering silog meals.

       And speaking of Morpheus, I can't invite him because he's just not been responsive to me ever since he left my unit. He's being a jerk. On my recent call with him this morning, he was very reserved in everything he said.

I'm just gonna leave him like that. What's important is I'm going to eat something good later.

       Work has been going well and I feel relaxed compared to the last weeks. It was hard for me but thankfully I have Morpheus with me to help me get done with it. I really can't imagine what I would be right now if he wasn't by my side. I can't go back to the times when I would just cry out of frustration.

       I go to Kuya Sean's office which just sits beside mine. I see Zibeon go out of Kuya Sean's office. I think his purpose is about the recent project he's investing in. But the fact that some of our investors are not even required to attend but Zibeon... I know why he is in and out of our building, and it has something to do with Vera, disguised as the project.

       "Hello, Siena," Zibeon greets and smiles at me. The smile he usually gives out to everyone. It's genuine and sweet. Now I know why Vera fell for that and now I know what her type is. It's the smile. Just like what Collin gives the only difference with Zibeon is Collin is reserved whilst Zibeon is not. Extremely opposite.

       "Hi!" I greet back. He's doing fine compared to what Vera's been going through. "Feeling good?" I can't help but ask.

Vera has been out since Monday and I clearly understand. What she's currently suffering is painful and she needs some time to heal for herself. It's so hard seeing Vera being not her usual self. Vera that is very outgoing. I miss that Vera.

       He smiles. "Yes," he answers yet I still see the glimpse of despair in his eyes. "How is she?"

       I smile. "She's okay."

"Good to know," Zibeon answers. "I just want her to be happy. Please let her know," he adds. He looks at me straight in the eyes for a moment, and with a nod, he walks away from me.

       That was just painful. I can't help but feel broken for Vera... For the two of them.

       I go to the pantry to grab some tea. Every time I grab some tea here I can't help but remember the time when it was spilled on my hand and Morpheus treated it. I would let that happen again actually.