Fourteen

"AFTER ALL OF these, we're going to take a break, okay?" Morpheus says. I'm sitting at my swivel chair with my head bowed down out of frustration while Morpheus is casually sitting on my visitor's chair placed just in front of my table as stacks of paper on my table cover his upper body.

"Where would you wanna go?" he asks.

He's assuring me that everything's going to fall into the right places one of these days when it's far from my expectation that it will happen anytime soon. But I don't know anything about what may happen so I'm going to stick to Morpheus' vision. After all, he's always right every time. I wonder how does he do that? His decision-making is something I adore about him.

I sigh. I feel like he is having a harder time rather than me with my situation now. Instead of working in his office right now, he chose to be with me and stay here instead. He made my office his workplace place. He even helps me with papers as well as getting my necessities.

I stand up and go to his place where he sits.

I hug him while I'm standing still in front of him. He hugs me back. His large and firm arms are wrapped around my waist while my hands are on his nape. He moves his face closer to my stomach while he's feeling the texture of my soft cloth on his face.

"Thank you," I say and tighten my hug even more. He's a blessing for me. I'd never been this blessed all my life.

I imagine myself crying out loud at night whenever I have all this responsibility I have. Lucky me, I don't have to experience it again. He's here with me. I have someone to lean on.

He keeps rubbing his face against my stomach. I notice that he likes doing that and I love the way he shows his affection the same as I do show mine too by brushing his silky hair softly.

He's good to me. Maybe too good. I can't help but appreciate him more and more each day. He just shows me all that he can do for me to be satisfied every time. He's just really good as a person.

I still can't believe up until now that we happened. Who would've known that he feels the same admiration towards me? But I know that my admiration for him is greater than anyone above. No one can surpass them. Even him.

"Hmm, bring me to the highlands," I answer.

"Tagaytay?" he responds, still rubbing his face on my soft textured cloth. I place my hand on his head and brush it. I bring his head even closer to my stomach and I lay the weight of my half body on him while my chin rests on top of his head.

"Hmm-hmm."

"Okay, but we won't stay in our house there," he blurts.

I frown. "Why though? The view is so nice in your house, Morpheus. The ambiance there is therapeutic... I like it there."

"But I wanna be alone with you," he softly replies. The way he says it is similar to his tone whenever he wants to get something from me. It's like he's pleading and I can't just resist. Always.

"Up to you," I respond and close my eyes, feeling the moment of us embracing as if our souls are being joined as one, perfecting each other's mutual admiration for it to become full.

"Okay, baby, let's get done with this shit," he says.

I'm waiting for him to let go of our hug first but he doesn't have plans on doing anything like it, so I'm the one who let go of our hug.

"Fighting!" I exclaim.

Morpheus chuckles and kisses me on my forehead before I go back to my table and continue what we have been doing.