Thirteen

I wake up and stretch to the side only to find an empty space. I sit up clutching the quilt cover to my bare chest and look around the room.

Where's Adrien gone?

I slump back into the giant, soft pillows and drop my arm across my face. I think back to last night; that overpowering feeling of desire to be with Adrien. I wanted to forget everything; I wanted to forget where we are and why we were here. I wanted to imagine we were just two people on the verge of adulthood completely in love without fear of death and destruction.

Last night was pure and loving. Adrien was perfect. I let out a groan.

"Was last night that bad, Mari?" I hear a chuckle at the door.

Pulling my arm off my eyes I see Adrien standing in the doorway with a cheesy cat-like grin. He's holding a tray full of colourful pastries and looks like the cat who got the cream. I sit up and pat the empty side of the bed for him to come and sit with me. He places the tray on the bed and pulls me near for a kiss, I wrap my arms around his neck letting go of the one piece of material holding onto my dignity.

"You do realise you aren't adults, yet?" Nathalie was standing in the doorway. Adrien pulled my arms down and covered me over before standing up and walking towards the door.

"We lost our childhood the first moment we stepped foot into this murderous Capitol. So if you can excuse us, we still have an hour before we're due at training." With that he slammed the door in Nathalie's face and I have never wanted him more.

——————————————————-

"So, who are we concentrating on getting to know?" I ask Adrien as we get changed into our training outfits.

"I'm thinking we look closely at Max and Nino, and just see what they can offer. Also I suppose we need to check whether they'd want to team up or not." Adrien responds as he pulls his shirt over his head covering up his chiselled body.

"What about the girls?" I ask, finishing tying up my shoes.

"I'm not sure. Do you have anyone in mind?" Adrien's finishes getting ready and opens the door for me to step out first.

"Perhaps we should try Chloé Bourgeois. She was the Bee in her Games and pretty successful from what I can remember. Her games were one of the quickest to be finished in history. I suppose we should give Kagami a chance too."

"I knew you'd come around."

I punch Adrien in the shoulder as we make our way to Fu, who is standing quite stable for a change, near to the elevators.

"Morning lovers." Fu states, "have you decided on any allies?"

"There's a few we've narrowed it down to so will try and make sure we interact with each of them today." Adrien explains. Fu nods along understanding.

"Good, good! I think it's best you two split up at training," I stare at him with my jaw slacking open.

"What? Why?"

"Let's just say all people don't respond to you the way they do to Adrien. Let's face it, the guy has charm."

"I can't disagree with that." I look up to him and see the corners of his lips holding in a smile. Oh, be still my beating heart!

"Adrien, can I just speak to you before you head off with Marinette?"

"Oh course, Master Fu." Adrien says with a bow. I giggle as Adrien and Fu make their way into the living area. I can see Fu showing Adrien something and his eyebrows creasing together.