Eleven

We made our way into the Tribute Centre and up to the penthouse. I can't believe it's been less than a year since we were here last time. I look around and everything is still exactly the same; I feel bile rise to my throat burning slightly with its acid tones. I give myself a quick pinch on the inside of my arm and pain reveals that no matter how much I want to believe this is a nightmare, it's actually my reality.

"Marinette and Adrien you'll be in the same rooms as last year. Your clothes and training outfits have already been put into your wardrobes."

"I don't think so." I interrupt Nathalie. She doesn't look best pleased.

"Excuse me, Ms Dupain-Cheng ..."

"I don't care who you are and why you are here instead of Nadja but I will be staying in the same room as my fiancé." I make my statement and don't care what the outcome is. She will not keep me away from Adrien.

"I agree," I feel his fingers interlink with mine, "I'm sleeping next to this girl for the remainder of the time we've got together." I look up and smile at Adrien. He's holding his stance bravely; his size and height being quite intimidating. "You're all trying to kill us anyway, we may as well have a slight bit of happiness before going off to our deaths. Don't you agree Bugaboo?"

I smile up at Adrien and see his perfect white teeth smiling back at me. He leans down and brushes his nose against mine before kissing me gently on the lips. His smell is intoxicating and it takes everything in my power to not try to climb into his shirt with him.

"Don't get any ideas?" He whispered into my ear before kissing me on the cheek again.

"I didn't say anything."

"Yes you did! You mentioned getting in my clothes with me." Adrien had a deep frown appear.

"No I didn't! I thought ..." I trail off, is it possible he can read my thoughts?

Can you hear me? I think

Yes. Can you hear me?

Loud and clear.

Well this is new isn't it.

It certainly is, Chaton.

"Ahem ..." Fu coughed pulling mine and Adrien's attention to him.

"When you two can stop staring at each other for one moment we need to discuss tonight's opening."

Let's keep this a secret, m'lady.

"I'm sorry, she's just so beautiful. I can't help it."

I roll my eyes and look over at Fu who is indicating we make our way over onto the sofa. He takes a seat in one of the recliners as myself and Adrien snuggle onto the sofa.

"We're going for a new design this time for your opening ceremony outfits."

"What? No fire?" I ask Audrey. She smiles at me and I know that means she won't be giving up on the fire just yet.

"We want everyone to remember what you represented last year. As a couple you represent hope! You represent love! You represent desire! You will be dressed resembling the ladybug and the cat." Audrey responds to my question. This could be an epic fail if we didn't get selected by those Miraculous again. 

"What if we have different Miraculous' these games?" Adrien asked exactly what I was thinking. He looked straight to Fu, after all he had the main knowledge of the games.

"As I've said to you both before there's no new contenders to receive them and you two are destined to be. That's what they look for as a wearer." Fu responds the exact way he did when we mentioned this not too long again.