Chapter 22 - everything, in time

It was hard to sleep for a while. The hospital medications messed with my ability to logically think. Or even dream logically.
The dream kept coming. Every. Single. Night.
Who is my father?
Why am I so angry about this?
Is it because the man I considered my father betrayed me and all the options are now more appealing?
From Day 1 I refused visits from Sensei Aizawa and Midnight.
I did allow Mic though. I wanted to prove I was ok without my 'father'.
I succeeded.
He kept me company while I was in a good mood. I would listen to him talk about anything but Aizawa. If he mentioned the name I would zone out completely or change the subject. I have to prove my point.
I am not someone who needs saving. I am Strong. I don't need Za-
As much as I'd like to be with my favourite person in the world, he misused my trust.
You know, a simple 'Hey Kiddo, I'm really worried about your health, maybe we can see Dr Soba?' Would earn a 'Sure, Lemme just have a quick workout first so I'm stronger than ever for the sports festival.' This would avoid all of the drama and drugging of yours truly.
Am I really that bad?
Am I really such a monster?
Do you have to drug me out to achieve what's needed?
Am I really that Bad?

Those were some of the questions I didn't ask, but rattled my scattered thoughts for weeks. I did talk to Mic about working a compromise on Schoolwork. Eventually, I completed every non-physical activity UA could provide.
One sunny afternoon, I decided to walk into the hospital bathroom and shower. I hated lying in a bed and this room was annoyingly clean. The only time I could take a break was for bathroom breaks.
Usually I would have to ask a nurse about wrapping my torso in protective wrap so it doesn't get infected, but it was already wrapped.
Once I finished showering, I looked at my pale reflection in the mirror.
The skeleton blinked back. Dark circles hung under her eyes, and her hair was thinning, along with her anorexic body. Freckles had disappeared from the lack of sunlight and her eyes were the dullest gray.
She was a corpse.
Guess I wasn't doing a great job of 'proving I didn't need my 'dad' '
Knowing this information, Mic would described my decreasing state, worrying Zawa to pieces, which meant there was a chance that I wouldn't be allowed out until I had some form of progress.
Bury your feelings, It's the only way a voice sneered.
I press a buzzer for the nurse. An army of panicking nurses arrive in the bathroom, ready for action.
"Um. Hi. Can I have a pair of scissors please?" I ask sheepishly, and they army of professional doctors visibly relax.
"Of course Y/N!" A blond nurse chimes happily. He comes back in with a pair of scissors and I hold my palm out for them.
"You're not going to hurt yourself with these?" He phrases it as a question, just in case.
"No Sir. Just need a haircut." I mumble. The crowd disperses and I start to cut.
The blond nurse ( I think his name is Asahi) Stays and helps me with the back.
I end up with a shorter, sitting at the shoulder length cut. It's uneven but a nice, chic look.
I will never say that aloud.
I thanked Nurse Asahi, closing my door behind him.
"Y/N?!"
I turn to see a very familiar face.
"Todoroki?" I gasp. There stands my dual-haired friend with another woman. Probably his sister, Fuyumi. He talks about her sometimes, when we we're alone. I reopen my door and walk towards him.
"What are you doing here?" I ask him, curious.
"I was about to ask you the same." He lowers his gaze to my height.
I focus my stare on the now very fascinating floor.
"Issues..." I mumble. I feel a hand on my shoulder. I look up and see his awkward stare.
"Should you be back in your room?" Todoroki asks me. I glare up at him, but falter at his steely stare
"Probably." I stutter out. His hand rests on my back and guides me into my room.
Shouto eyes my haywire monitor, signalling that I have removed the IV.
"So why are you here?" I ask, shuffling over o the bed and sitting cross legged on it.
"Visiting." Shouto replied simply, smiling a little.
"Who?"
"I'll tell you another day."
"When?"
"I'll tell you. I'll tell you everything, in time." Shouto mumbles, caressing my hand and then recoiling suddenly.
"Well, it was nice seeing you..." I trail off, looking up at Him.
He smiles, and waves as he exits. I sigh, falling back onto the pillows.

"Rough day Y/N?" Dr Soba asks, learning against the door frame. I glare at him and he grimaces back. He walks over, and holds the cord of the dis-attached IV like it's a lasso.
"Again?" He asks.
"Old Habits die Hard." I reply.
Yep. I'm really that bad.