34 - New Message Recieved

One week has passed since the Stain incident. Feels like centuries with all the tension.

Speaking of tension, I'm grounded. Apparently sneaking away from a School Event to illegally fight villains means that I can't get a single moment of privacy, or trust, from Dad.
Mr Aizawa.

Wake up? Mr Aizawa is there.

Go get a snack? Mr Aizawa is there.

Talking to Mina or Shouto at School? He interrupts our conversation for absolutely no reason.

"It's getting bloody ridiculous" I slam a carton of milk onto my tray, surveying the cafeteria food with suspicion, "Please save me."
Kirishima snorts, "He's just worried," I glare at him, grabbing a straw for my milk.
"He's right Y/N, you did ignore orders." Denki pipes up as I pay for my meal.
"But it's irritating! I'm not always a problem child, so he should stop treating me like one!" I rant, plopping my tray on next to Mina's at our table and thudding into a seat heavily.
"It's because you're not always a problem child" Mina interjects, looking up from the phone as Denki and Kirishima sit down across from us.
"What are you on about?" I ask, confused, nudging her with my elbow.
"He could think you have depression or something?" She states, reading from the article on her phone, "Common symptoms are Mood Swings, or uncharacteristic behavior."
"You just described every woman on her period." I reply, Kirishima choking on his food with laughter.
"You're supposed to chew your food Shitty Hair." Bakugou drawls, sliding into the seat next to me, as if we have been waiting for his arrival.
"Can we help you Bakugou?" I ask sweetly, "Maybe I can give you a black eye to match with your overstretched ego." Bakugou barks out a harsh laugh, almost making Denki short circuit from confusion.
"Dude, you can laugh?!" He blurts out. Bakugou shoots him a filthy look and Mina just rolls her eyes.
"Laugh at people, probably." I mutter, as I impale my milk carton with my straw and take a sip. The collective just rolls their eyes.
"But seriously, Bakugou, why are you here?" Mina squints at Bakugou, trying to look intimidating.

Key word trying.
If a strawberry could smile, she'd resemble something like it.
Cutie.
"I came for Y/N."
Me.
Me?
"Well, you can go now." Mina huffs, "Because she's mine." She exclaims, squeezing me into a bone-crushing hug, my face red with embarrassment.
I wish.
We don't need a sexuality crisis right now Y/N.
"Uh actually," I interrupt, "I'm going to the bathroom" I shove past Katsuki and stalk off the Ladies room.
I push past the gaggle of giggling seniors in the doorway, locking the door behind me. The empty stalls echo my heavy breathing, as I watch the hot tears drip from my eyes in the mirror, I know.

I know that I cannot do this.

I cannot deal with all this stress of being watched.
It feels too...familiar.
Is that what scares me? The unfamiliar feel of normal?
If so, that's completely fucked.
My phone vibrates in my pocket, and I tug the phone from my skirt.

Unknown Number: Hello Y/N.
Y/N: Hello?
Unknown Number: Are you alone?
Y/N: No, but I'm guessing you know that already.
Unknown Number: Being smart won't help you with your father. Meet at this location: ******************

I look away from my phone. I bite my lip in hesitation.
What time?
I shouldn't do this.
You can't get more grounded, can you?

Y/N: What time?
Unknown Number: 4pm.
Y/N: See you then.

I shove my phone into my pocket and wipe away the stray tears.
I still look like shit.
The violent scars swell after contact with water to an alarming grape purple, making them more prominent.
BANG.
The door shakes slightly, and the noise causes me to jump from my skin.
"In a minute!" I yell. I step towards the door hesitantly, afraid to see the other side.
"Y/N?" A soft yet melodic voice asks, and I unlock the door with more haste, yanking it open to see Shouto looming over my short self with Katsuki by his side. They straighten slightly as I close the door.
"H-Hey Guys." I stutter out, patting my skirt awkwardly, the lump of my phone soothing my nerves.
How would they know?
They know.
They'll never know.
"You okay?" Shouto searches my face for clues, eyes gliding over the jagged scars and focusing on my dull grey orbs.
"Wanna talk about anything?" Katsuki smirks, his ruby stare locking with mine.
Well this is awkward.
"I'm fine. And if I wasn't," I glare at them as they open their mouths to speak," It's none of your business."
They chuckle, Katsuki shoving my bag into my chest.
"You left this."
"Thanks." I sneer, walking away and only stumbling twice.
"You can talk to me about things." Shouto murmurs as He follows my swift pace easily.
I ignore him.
"I think we forgot Katsuki," I tease, breaking the silence. "He'll be sad if he misses my emotional outburst"
"Katsuki?" Shouto looks...offended.
Odd.
"Uh, yeah." I frown. "We're friends"
"Ouch, I'm...offended." Speak of the devil...
"So you're stalking me now?" I retort, turning to see Katsuki and Midoriya, of all people.
A weird pairing.
"I-I didn't know you f-fel-t-t tha-t-t way." Izuku stumbles over his words like a person walking home from the bar.
"No actually I don't." I shout, frustrated, clasping my hand over my mouth with shock. Too loud. Oops.
"I don't." I state, calmly this time, "I was talking to Katsuki, maybe you shouldn't assume." Deku gulps, face fading to white as I continue to rant.
"Seriously Man, the world does not revolve around you! You've been avoiding me as much as Mr Aizawa has been supervising me! I wasn't talking to you that night! I was mad at someone else!" I finish. Deku goes red, and then mumbles something intelligible before roughly shoving past me angrily.
"That was..." Katsuki smiles evilly.
"A shitshow." A stern voice drones from behind us, and we spin to see Mr Aizawa himself.
"Y/N. My office, now." Mr Aizawa orders, arms crossed over his chest. The bell rings, announcing the end of lunch, and students filter throughout the halls, oblivious to the tense situation taking place between the four of us.
"Actually, I have class. Maybe later, Sir?" I ask innocently, the last word dripping with venom. I move past the teacher, Shouto and Katsuki following like golden retrievers behind me.
As class drones on, and the arithmetic equations eventually turn into snakes wiggling across my vision, I realise I'm not going to get around Aizawa to meet the anonymous tip.
Shit.
I could always teleport, but I'd be tired later.
I could sneak out with the crowd of students, but be seen by multiple bystanders who could tattle on me.
I need to get out. How? Creatively.
Maybe I could turn into a spider, I muse, and crawl to the meeting.
I almost giggle at the thought, eight legs and no spine, meeting with my biological Dad.
Great first impression.
Well, your first impression was getting destroyed and landing in a hospital bed.
Maybe no spider idea then.
"X doesn't equal anything, it is the answer to the equation in a different form." Zero explains to Kaminari, "X is just a new look for the number, like a disguise."
A disguise.
That's it!
The bystanders can't tattle if they don't know who I am!
Genius.
I look at Mina and stare at her features. She turns to me and mouths something illiterate.
I look at my hands and focus on the pigmentation of the colours, waiting until it turns pink, the exact same shade as Mina's. I wave my hand at her and she grins mischievously.
I focus on turning the colour on and off for the rest of the lesson, when the teacher isn't looking. By the time the bell dismisses us, I can look like myself or Mina in a blink.
"Where are you going?" Mina asks me, stroking over to my desk as the bell finishes screaming.
"Do you think I can mimic quirks?" I ask her, watching as my hands turn from pink to invisible.
"Woah." Mina inhales, "You're doing something illegal aren't you." I glance at the teacher nervously, then grabbing my bag and leaving.
"Yes." I whisper, "and if you don't tell anyone I'll explain later." She nods, squeezing my hand.
"Good luck." She smiles, disappearing into the crowd as I fade my body and clothes into oblivion.
I move through the crowd, unnoticed. Students squabble and teachers supervise. I spot Aizawa across the room, his face blank.
He doesn't care about me.
I walk straight past him, eventually running to the cafe. Cars swerve as I fade back into my normal state, and I ignore the faces and name calling that assault me with words.

I hesitate in the entrance. What if it's a trap? Or a trick? Or a test from Mr Aizawa?
Fuck it.
I step into the store, walking to an empty booth. I order a glass of water, and wait.
A hooded figure slides into the booth across from me. "Y/N?"
"Yes?" I ask, feigning boredom. The figure slides an envelope across the table, the kind they use for important documents.
"Proof of Birth, your family information, all signed and notarised." The guttural, gruff voice speaks. "We'll be in touch." The figure smiles, revealing their face.
Tomura Shigiraki.
"Thank You." I say quietly, avoiding eye contact. They walk away, hood back on.
Is it true? My hand traces the unbroken seal of the package.
No, it can't be.
Right?