15. Back?

As all the eyes were on him with massive frowns on their faces, he chuckled weakly

As all the eyes were on him with massive frowns on their faces, he chuckled weakly. "I meant... uh... Rishi and Nandini might not be... be... uh... might not look good together."

Nandini huffed, narrowing her eyes at him. "And why do you think so?"

"That has got nothing to do with you or your appearance, Baby Elephant."

The defiance in his tone cracked everyone up, including Rishi, who said, "You are crazy, Adi. I bet we will look amazing together."

Aditya rolled his eyes. "Whatever!"

Piyali put up a wide smile on her face. "Go for it, Rishi and Nandini. You have my blessings."

Aditya glared at his girlfriend. "What the fuck, Piya! No," he whispered in her ears.

She glowered back at him. "Why?"

"Don't hold back, Rishi and Nandini," Abhi said, whistling.

"Way to go, Rishi!" Akanksha squealed.

"Ask them to stop this nonsense, Piya," Aditya mumbled to the girl.

She had her cheeks puffed up in annoyance. "Not until you tell me why."

"I have told you already," he snapped.

"Okay!" Nandini giggled at the other end. "I will go on a date with you, Rishi."

"Idiots," Aditya muttered before storming out of the store.

Piyali passed a small smile at all of them before excusing herself, hoping she would be able to shove some sense into her boyfriend's brain.

The rest of them stayed back for a bit longer, finishing their ice creams, frolicking with one another despite the fatigue coursing through their bodies. They had danced a lot at the concert, and now the soles of their feet, their hips, their forearms, and their limbs were agonizingly painful. But the affable company was too attractive to decline no matter what the clock's hands indicated.

However, when they couldn't sit any longer, for the shop was about to shut, all of them made their way outside. Nandini assumed that Aditya and Piyali already left, given it had been fifteen minutes since both of them exited the store. So, she requested Rishi to drop her home, but then her eyes fell on Aditya's blue, shiny car, parked right outside the ice cream parlor.

Excusing herself, she made a beeline towards the vehicle, hoping he would be heading to his apartment and not Piyali's, and he could potentially drop Nandini too. Crouching down, peering through the window, she knocked at the glass before her gaze fell on the scene in front of her, and despite the partial darkness, she could only have her mouth hung open in mortification.

Stepping back, squealing, she attempted to run towards Rishi, but a sheepish Piyali fixed her traditional purple-colored Indian attire and slid out of the car.