17. Blue ticks with chicken curry

Her eyes fluttered open, and she sat upright, memories from last night flooding her senses, overwhelming her

Her eyes fluttered open, and she sat upright, memories from last night flooding her senses, overwhelming her. The two of them had shared a sweet kiss on his patio, and she was too flustered afterward, unable to look at him anymore. She knew she was sloppy and awkward, given it was her first time, but he only chortled at her naivety before proposing that they watch a movie.

And they did indeed sit down to watch an espionage thriller. She strived not to let the awkwardness overwhelm her while he was too nonchalant about whatever had transpired. Her heart was beating at an erratic pace, and she wondered how he was so okay, so normal. But halfway through, he had fallen asleep on the couch, and she didn't have the heart to wake him up. He appeared so calm, so peaceful, and the way he breathed evenly had her mesmerized too.

However, there was one tiny thing that bugged her. No matter how much she tried not to, she found herself comparing every moment of the evening she had spent with Aditya to the one when she was in the presence of Shubham. Somehow, both evenings were so nice, so perfect, so similar, yet so different.

But then she had fallen asleep too before the movie ended, and when she woke up, she was surprised to find herself in his bedroom.

"Morning," he said from the doorway, leaning against the frame. "Did sleepyhead wake up?"

Her attention snapped towards him, and the grin on his face caused a blush to creep up her cheeks. "Morning." She looked away, gathering her hair into a bun. "Did you bring me to bed?"

"Both of us were sleeping at such weird angles." He chuckled. "I got a crick in my neck. Didn't want that to happen to you."

She was mortified further, and she gaped out of the window. "But... but I am heavy, Shubham."

He shrugged.

She shook her head in amusement. "What time is it?"

"It's almost lunchtime. Freshen up, and we will grab lunch." He tried going out to give her some privacy.

"Wait!" She sprang up from the bed. "Can you drop me home instead?"

He veered around, and his face fell, watching her grab her phone from the nightstand. "You wanna go?"

She glimpsed at his sullen expressions. Getting over her embarrassment as well as the strange feeling in the pit of her stomach, she giggled. "How about," she walked up to him and cupped his cheeks, "I bring a few of my things, and I stay for a few days?"

"Hmmm." A smirk appeared on his lips. "How about," he twirled her around and wrapped his arms around her waist, nuzzling her neck, "you stay here for a long, long time? Like... forever?"

"Hmmm." She pursed her lips to prevent herself from sniggering. "That's a good idea. I wouldn't mind that, but..."

"But what?" He kissed her earlobe. "Didn't we kiss last night? I am sure it means something."