8. Scaredy cat?

Her sweet dreams of roaming around in the streets of Paris, gazing at the Eiffel Tower while savoring the decadent Mousse au Chocolat, came to an abrupt end because of the noisy blaring of her phone

Her sweet dreams of roaming around in the streets of Paris, gazing at the Eiffel Tower while savoring the decadent Mousse au Chocolat, came to an abrupt end because of the noisy blaring of her phone. Sliding the green button without glancing at the caller ID, she cleared her throat to get rid of the morning hoarseness in her voice. Assuming it was her father calling her to inform her of their arrival in Delhi, she said, "Reached? Good. When you get home, give me a call. How was the flight? I hope there were no issues. I know, I know what you are going to say. Yes, I am still sleeping despite it being past noon because I had a blaring headache till 4 in the morning, all thanks to an idiot, dimwit, nincompoop, asshat, and his stupid music preferences."

She let out a loud yawn, throwing her blankets off her, sitting upright, and rubbing her eyes with her knuckles. When she received no response from the other side except for even breathing, she became alert.

"Dad? Everything okay?"

"I... ummm... it's not..." He cleared his throat. "It's Aditya."

The answer from the other side was most certainly something she wasn't expecting. Checking her phone, realizing it was indeed 'The Devil' who had called her, she pouted. "Why are you bothering me early in the morning?"

He snorted. "Morning? It's past noon. But then you wouldn't realize it, given you are always busy badmouthing me in front of every person you come across."

She slid down from the bed, putting the phone on speaker and placing it on the nightstand. "Ugh! The morning had to begin with me chatting with him. I can only wonder what sort of a wonderful day this would turn out to be."

"It's going to be a wonderful day indeed. You are blessed that I called you. But I really have a question."

Pursing her lips, gathering her hair into a bun, she said, "If I ask you not to spout, it's not like you aren't going to spout."

"Precisely!" He sniggered. "Well, who sleeps till past noon? Are you a baby? Oh, wait," he chortled, "you are a baby elephant. I completely forgot the little detail."

Her nose flared in anger. "Why the hell are you calling me? Apparently, I am not your type, and you wouldn't flirt with me no matter what, and I am a baby elephant." She took out a fresh pair of clothes from her closet. "Then why am I getting graced by your holy presence?"

"Be ready in another twenty minutes. Will pick you up for the movie."

Before she could respond, he hung up the call.

***

Aditya saw his phone ping with her message. The 'Vixen' was asking him not to pick her up as she would instead be taking a cab to the theater than tolerate him for another thirty minutes in the holiest of vehicles she had ever had the fortune of sitting in. He chose to disregard her text and peered at Abhi as he entered the apartment, whistling and humming the latest pop hit.