...

Dinner went amazingly, it's nice to know that we're going to have Mum in our lives and that I'll have her support, as I take on my most scary role in life yet, becoming a mother.

After dinner Jex insisted on doing the dishes, while I give Mum a little tour of our house.

"And this room here, right across from ours will be the baby's room. Of course we have a little bit to do in here, but it'll be beautiful when it's done."

"Mmm," Mum hums with a grin. "You know Jex and yourself might need a bigger house."

"We will?" I ask in confusion.

"At dinner you mentioned your children, as in you're planning more then one child with him."

"Oh," I bite down on my bottom lip. "I mean we haven't had the first baby yet. But you know I've always wanted a big family, and Jex wants a big family as well, so I think it's pretty safe to say that there will be more than one baby."

"I have to ask while it's just the two of us. Is Jex always this way with you? So loving and affectionate? Or is it just because I'm here?"

"He's more affectionate when you're not here," I giggle softly. "So yes, he's always kissing me and holding me, taking care of me. None of this is an act mom," I assure her

"I'm proud of you baby. No matter what gets thrown at you, somehow you manage to come out the other side."

"I'm really glad that you're going to be part of the baby's life."

"I am too sweetheart. I'll always choose you, no matter what. I love your father with all of my heart. But I've never loved the way I love you and your brother. When you hold your baby for the first time, you'll understand."

Buzz, buzz.

She checks her buzzing phone which is in her pocket. "It's your father," she sighs and hits decline. "Oh gosh, it's almost ten. I should probably get going," she places her phone back in her pocket.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay the night? Honestly, Jex and I are both happy to have you here."

"I appreciate you my sweet girl, and I appreciate how kind Jex is being toward me, but it doesn't feel right. I'll be fine at the hotel."

"Won't you get lonely?" I frown.

"If I do I'll call Mia to come and join me, give her a little break from Enzo," she jokes.

We make our way back out into the kitchen, Jex finishing cleaning up as we enter.

"Thank you for having me for dinner Jex. I'm going to head back to my apartment now."

"Oh, well thanks for coming. I hope I'm not as bad as you've always been told."

"Not at all. You treat my daughter amazingly. I'm so glad I got to see it for myself. I'm happy to call you my son in law," she gives him a warm embrace. "I'll see you soon."

"By mamma," I give her a big hug. "I'll call you tomorrow after the scan."

"Yes, send me pictures," she says excitedly.

Jex and I walk her to the door. We watch as she gets into her car safely, pulls out of the driveway and drives off into the distance.

I sigh softly and lay my head down on Jex's shoulder. He wraps his arm around me and kisses the top of my head. "She'll be okay baby."

"I just don't want her to get lonely."

"I'm sure she'll call if she does," he rubs my back. "Let's get you into bed. We have the scan early in the morning and I don't need a cranky Bella talking back to me in the morning," he grins.

"Would I ever talk back to you, boss?" I smirk softly.

"Don't start Bella," he warns.

"I'm soooo scared," I lean in and press a kiss to the side of his neck, before kissing up to his ear, nibbling on it softly. He pulls me close, I feel that farmilar twinge in his pants and giggle softly as I pull back. "Mmm you know, now that I think about it, I am kind of tired," I turn and begin walking down the hall.

"Oh hell no," Jex chuckles, as he chases after me and picks me up. He carries me to our bedroom, where he throws me down upon the bed

"I warned you."

"I guess it's time for my punishment." 

This chapter has been proof read and edited by ElleRWrites