"Thank you Jex, this looks really, really nice."

"Jex is a really good cook. He does pretty much all of our cooking," I wrap my arms around him from behind. He moves his head back and presses a kiss to my temple, to which I reply by kissing his cheek.

I pull back and take my plate, piling some salad on the side of it, alongside my large cut of Quiche and make my way over to the table, sitting down.

"Ladies first," Jex gestures to Mum, allowing her to take what she'd like on her plate first.

They both soon join me at the table, Jex next to me and Mum across from the both of us. We all sit in silence for a while, as we take our first mouthfuls of food.

"Jex this is really bloody good," Mum compliments. "Who taught you how to cook?"

"Uh, my Mum did. She and I spent lots of time in the kitchen together."

"Alright a boy who is good to his Mum. One point to Jex," she giggles.

"Was good," Jex says softly.

Mum looks between the two of us and I take Jex's hand in mine. "Jex lost his Mum a couple of years ago and they were very close."

"Oh god, I'm so sorry, I ..."

"It's fine, you didn't know," Jex gives her a small smile.

"So uh, if you don't have your Mum or dad, and Bella your father has told everyone you're no longer in the family. What was your plan for the little one? I mean you don't really have any support."

"We have each other," Jex speaks. "Both of us know this isn't going to be easy, but I don't doubt Bella is going to be an amazing mother and I'll be here to support her no matter what."

I look up at Jex with a smile and he smiles back.

"We also have the Vipers," I say turning back towards Mum. "I've made really good friends with Alyssa. She is Jex's best friend Malcolm's girlfriend and they're going to help us out with whatever we need as well," I bite down on my bottom lip. "And well, you're here. That means something right?"

"I won't lie to you sweetheart this is really hard on me. I'm stuck in between my baby girl and my husband, and I see it from both of your sides. I see why your father is so mad with you, why your brother is so mad with you. However, I also see why you've chosen to be with Jex. I've only been in the house with you a short time and I can already see that the two of you are clearly in love," she sighs. "If your father would just chill out for a second, maybe he'd see that too. But sweetheart I don't think that he ever will."

I take a deep breath and nod my head. "Well he doesn't have to worry about me being a Cobra anymore, because I'm now a member of the Vipers."

"Oh?" Her eyes widen.

"Jex asked me if I wanted to join, and I decided that I do want to be a Viper. It'll be easier for our children if we're loyal to one crew and not have them split between two."

"Well as your can imagine your father will flip his lid when he finds out. But I personally respect your decision. I see where you're coming from."

"But we'd really like for you to be part of the baby's life. A part of our lives," Jex speaks once more. "And we spoke before you arrived and if you need a place a stay, you're more then welcome to stay here with us."

"Oh, wow," she breathes out. "That's really sweet of you both. But I couldn't possibly move in, you need your own space and privacy. But, as far as having me in your lives and in the baby's life, I'm here. No matter what you need, day or night," she takes both of our hands across the table. "I know that what the two of you have done, by getting together isn't ideal in other people's eyes. But at the end of the day it's each other that you come home to and if you're happy (as I can see that you are), that's all that matters."