Chapter thirty-six.

Parker's POV- September 12th

I pulled into the driveway or Niall's mom's house at 11:45. Niall was having one of his friends pick him meaning I got to drive the car. It was strange at first but to so bad. I hopped out of the car, making my way up to the front door. I knocked on the door and a few moments later Maura appeared in the doorway.

"Hi!" We both said in unison as we embraced each other.

"We're going to get lunch first and then head to the nail salon. It's all my treat so don't worry about paying for anything." I say to her once we get into the car. I pulled up the directions to the restaurant she had mentioned yesterday.

It only takes us about 10 minutes to get there and we were seated quickly. We talked while we waited for our food to come out.

"I hear Niall isn't the only one celebrating a birthday tomorrow" she says as she sips on her drink.

"It's my birthday as well, I'll be 22." I continue to sip in the milkshake that I couldn't pass up ordering. I hadn't had one in so long and it was impossible to pass up.

"I'm guessing it will be a night of hanging out at the bar if Niall is in charge." She laughs at her comment

"Of course, but I told him I was fine with it. It'll be nice to spend time with his friends here and he's adamant that he'll find a beer that I like since I'm not much of a beer person."

Once I finish my sentence the waitress appears with the tray that holds our food. Setting each plate down in front of us before heading off to another table. We eat silently for a while before getting back into the conversation.

"I've really enjoyed being here even if it's only been a few days." I say after swallowing another bite of my sandwich. "The whole family is lovely, which of course wasn't a surprise."

"I'm really happy you were able to come. We never know how the girls Niall dates will be. Not that we get to meet many but some people can be stuck up. It was such a relief that we could tell how much you like Niall. Besides, not many girlfriends would offer to take me out for the day." She says with a smile.

"Well those girls were missing out. I'd say I'm having a pretty good time hanging out with you. I don't know when I'll be able to see you next so I've got to spend quality time with you while I'm here." We continue to eat our food and begin talking again as we wait for the waitress to come with the check.

"I have to ask" she speaks up, causing me to gulp because I had no idea what was going to be asked "How did your family react when you told them about the two of you?"

"Oh they totally didn't believe me! I'm not sure if you know but I was a fan of Niall and the rest of the boys long before I ever met him. I used to have posters all over my room back when they were together. When I told them I had become friends with him they thought I was kidding. I was on a call with him one day and I had gone to the kitchen. My mom was in there making lunch and asked who I was talking to. I told her it was Niall and she like rolled her eyes at me. So I showed her the phone and she looked like a deer in headlights." We both laugh at my story before she responds.

"Poor thing they probably thought you were being delusional or something. Certainly gave her a fright when she saw it was really him. That's so sweet that you had been a fan of his."

"He had always been my favorite out of all the boys. Just always seemed like a great guy to me. Of course the others did too but there was something about him. Still not sure what that something is but he certifiably is special. You raised a wonderful man." I reached out grabbing her free hand that was rested on the table. Giving it a gentle squeeze and I finished what I was saying.