Chapter seventeen.

Parker's POV - Day two

I power on my speaker once I join Niall on the balcony. Setting it to my playlist that I normally listen to. Making sure not to have it too loud so that the neighbors don't complain. I really only wanted it on as background music anyway.

There really wasn't much getting to know each other to do. I had already know a lot about him from when the band was together and he had asked me so many questions since the day we met.

"Well now that I know your birthday finally I don't have to worry about asking you that."

"Yeah, I can't believe it never came up before but it's not like it's super soon." I say to reassure him that it wasn't something I was upset over in the slightest. It wasn't like we were a couple so there was no need for him to have already committed it to memory or anything.

"I've got a good question!" He shouts out looking like an excited little kid

"Ask away, nothing is off limits"

"Was I really your favorite out of the band or are you just saying that to make me feel better?"

"Okay first off, that was a lame question. I was very much a Niall girl though. Literally ask anyone. I remember I would send pictures of you into my family group chat and my family just had to act like that was normal. I would never shut up about us sharing a birthday too like I already loved my birthday enough, but once I saw we had the same one I just about lost it. Thought I was the shit in middle school knowing my favorite member of One Direction had the same birthday as me." I answer him honestly because there is no point in hiding it.

"That's so cute, it's your turn now." He says with a smile. He was adorable for asking that question. He was probably used to girls saying things just to be saying them.

"What's your favorite thing about me?" We had to get to the juicy questions at some point.

"That's a hard one." He had a look on his face that showed he was genuinely trying to figure it out. "I think I would have to say that one of my favorite things about you is that you've got the same birthday as me"

He bursts into laughter at his own stupid joke.

"You're an idiot, we're trying to have a serious conversation"

"Okay, okay. The real answer would have to be your personality. Totally different compared to most girls that I know or have met. You're really laid back. You don't care about what other people have to say about you. You are just 100 percent yourself 100 percent of the time and I really like that. Any other girl would be getting up at the arse crack of dawn to make sure you don't see them without makeup. You don't care about that stuff, I like that about you."

My heart basically melts as he gives me his answer. I wasn't expecting it to be so sweet. I'm not sure what I was expecting but he definitely beat any of my expectations. Most guys would say something sleazy and related to your body. Niall definitely wasn't like most guys though, not in the slightest. Just when I think he can't get any better he goes and says things like this to me.

"That was so sweet. If I could blush I would totally be blushing right now."

"There's plenty of other great things about you but that's definitely one of my favorites. My turn."

"You can't ask the same question, so come up with something new" He rolls his eyes at my new rule and thinks of a question to ask me.

"If we were dating, how would you feel about how busy my life can get? Would my job keep you from wanting to be with me?"

"Okay I know I said nothing off limits but I didn't think you'd hit me with a question like that" We both let out awkward laughs and avoid looking at each other.