Chapter Nineteen| Jamie

The next day Sophie and I talk about what Lucas told me about Victoria. I hope Luke won't get mad I told her, I know Sophie isn't going to broadcast it to everyone. Plus Micah already knows so she's not going to tell him either.

I try to hold back my anger for Victoria while telling Sophie but it's so hard after finding out the terrible things she did to Luke. She cheats on him and gets knocked up and pretends the baby is his for nine months. When Luke told me I was thinking I had to be living in a soap opera.

"How did you feel when he told you?"

"I felt furious still do because that bitch broke his heart, and she didn't say a proper goodbye to him. She just left a damn note explaining herself!" I loathe her. She better not show her face around her again because she's getting her a...

"She just left a note?" Sophie interrupts my thoughts.

"Yes, he even remembers what it said because I bet he read it over so many times trying to understand what had happened." The look on his face as he recited it for me. The sight of him crying breaks me. I don't want to break him anymore than he already is.

"Jamie, calm down." She wipes a tear I didn't know I shed and hugs me. "You know what I think. You're the one that can fix Luke to the boy he was before her I can see the old him already."

"Do you think so?"

"Yes, I was even talking to Micah about it, and he said the same, and the guys think so too." Even his friends think I can fix him. I hope I can fix this broken boy. Maybe moving here won't be a total waste if I can mend Luke's broken heart. I feel I've finally found my purpose.

"Let's get to our first class before we are late," I say as we walk to our classes. I'm actually happy about going to my classes because, for some odd reason, Luke and I have the same schedule. Maybe it's fate.

Luke greets me in art class and notices my puffy eyes. He threatens to hurt the person who did it, which I adore how much he cares. It hasn't been easy being the new girl from America. The girls here haven't given me a warm welcome and I don't have the slightest clue why. I tell him not to worry about.

***
Heading to the back of the library, I see Rider and Victoria talking. I didn't know they knew each other. I might regret this later but I need to confront her on what she did to Lucas.

Clenching my fist I fight the urge to punch her in her face. The blood boils as my face heats up. Anger pulsates through my veins. I shout to Victoria getting her attention. Rider cocks a brow looking towards me. I push him aside looking at the brunette. Her clear blue eyes stare into mine.

I move in closer and I can tell she's afraid. She twitches her nose and scoots back. I step up to her again backing her up into a bookshelf in the corner.

"Victoria stay away from Lucas." I warn. I'd fight her now if it didn't mean I get suspended. There's a zero tolerance on violence here.

"You like Lucas. Cute," she chuckles.

My body speaks for my mind as the palm of my hand comes in contact with Victoria's cheek. Shocked, I froze. Victoria holds her cheek while Rider covers his mouth in disbelief.

"I mean it or I'll beat your ass," I threatened.

Victoria's cheek now with a red hand print on her cheek, sneers throw her teeth. She charges me back into another shelf. My spine hurts temporarily but I push through the pain and lunge at her. My fist connects with her face while she pulls at my hair. Rider tries to stop the fight while the librarian yells at all of us.

Rider grabs me pulling me of Victoria whose nose was dripping blood. I hope I broke it. The school security escorts me out of the library and to Kiera's office.

She sighs looking at me. I tell her what happened and she gives me two day suspension plus a week detention when I get back.

I walk out of the office and see Victoria sitting with a bloody tissue under her nose. She walks in front of me glaring.

"Jamie you can hit and threaten me all you want. But you're not going to stop me from winning Lucas back." I roll my eyes shoving her shoulder.

That bitch! I heavily breathe all the way back to my dorm and backup my school work for the next two days. Sophie comes in shocked to see me moving frantically across the room.

"I fought Victoria and now I'm suspended," I blurt. She grabs my arms stopping me in my place.

"Woah, what happened?" I tell her everything.

"Sophie, what if he does still loves her?"

I don't think I could be friends with him anymore. Being in the friendzone already sucks, but him getting back with his ex will hurt 100 times more.