Chapter Five| Jamie

"Thanks for helping me with my date tonight," Sophie sighs with relief. I can sense she's anxious about tonight.

"No problem. I think it's cute you go crazy for this guy."

I never got to experience going nuts for a guy or getting nervous on dates. I had one boyfriend, and I only dated him out of boredom. Maria had a boyfriend at the time who she was always with, and I was getting lonely. It lasted about four months, and nothing serious happened between us. We mainly had make-out session since I didn't have much of an emotional connection for sex. I'm not waiting for marriage to have sex; I just don't want to regret giving up my virginity until I know for sure. Jared and I are still friends; we mutually agreed to end our relationship considering he grew feelings for his biology partner, Robin, and I only saw him as someone to kill time with.

"Ha, like you don't go loco for a guy you like."

"No, because I only like one guy in my whole life."

And it wasn't Jared.

It was back when I was younger, the first time I visited Australia with my family. There was a little boy who'd I played with but never saw him again. That was probably the most I ever connected with a guy, and we were only kids. Crazy, I know. Every time I think about how love should feel that memory pops into my head. I wished I remembered his name; it's like every day the details are fading from my mind. I can barely remember his face. The house used to be my grandmas, and she was the only one watching us back then while the rest of the family watched Renee's violin playing. The person who would know his name would be Grandma, but I can't ask her.

"Wait, are you a virgin?" She mutters curiously, but I can tell she already knew the answer, just asking for clarification.

"Yes, why is that much of a shock to you?"

"Because you have this whole badass attitude and just thought you had done a lot of things before." By her raised brows and pitch, I could tell she's surprised.

"What things do you think I have done?" I scoff.

"I thought you had sex, done drugs, or got a secret tattoo somewhere." She looks down at her nails while she talks.

"I haven't had sex yet, and I smoke weed from time to time. I have a tattoo on the back of my shoulder, and again I'm here because I took my dad's car for a joyride in the middle of the night and crashed it."

I told her a story about how I got caught by a cop for drinking after a Halloween party, and he had to take me home to tell my parents. I leave out the part about making fun of him because I thought he wasn't a real cop and puking in the back of his police car.

"That is insane. Can I see your tattoo?" She begs. I chuckle at that's what interested her the most.

"First, let's get you ready for your date. We don't keep Micah waiting."

I'd love to talk about everything I did back at home, but it will only make me homesick. Plus, I don't want people thinking of me as some crazy chick who gets in trouble. It's hard enough being the new chick, but having a bad reputation on top of that makes it difficult to fit in.

I help Sophie with her makeup, and I grab my Morphe pallet and a few Mac lipsticks to think of colors that will compliment her tan skin. I learned that Sophie is half Korean and half Brazilian yesterday when I met her parents. Her father was born in Australia because they moved from South Korea for business. He met Sophie's mother on a spring break with his friends and fell in love instantly. Sophie has a balanced mixture of both her parents while I look more like my mother than my father. I got Hart's family nose, and that's about it.