Chapter Eleven| Jamie

Rider and I grabbed lunch together, and I can feel stares burn into the back of my head. There's a rumor going around that I'm fucking Rider and Lucas. I'm labeled the new school slut. Some girls even compared me to Victoria. I overheard them in the bathroom, that's where most of the gossip happens around here. The thing is no one has asked me about it; they're just assuming. I've never expressed any romantic feelings to either of them, so I don't know why anyone thinks that. It's frustrating, and even if I did half the things they are saying, why should it matter to them. It's not affecting them whatsoever, but yet they feel like they have a say in my life.

I roll my eyes, trying to block out the girls staring and talking about me in the corner of the cafeteria. Just because I have more guy friends doesn't mean I'm fucking them. The same was for back home; Maria was my only female friend. People assume things about me at my last school, too, except they had the guts to confront me about it. None of this, whisper spreading rumors like STDs shit.

Rider interrupts my aggravated thoughts by asking me on a date again. This is the fifth time since I've met him. He just won't drop it, why does he want to go out with me so bad. It can't be just sex at this point.

"Rider..." I sigh about to reject him again.

"Look just one date. If you don't feel anything, then I'll never ask you out again. Promise."

"Fine, just one date."

I hope he keeps his promise if this date sucks. We plan for Saturday night, and I give him the address for my aunt's house to pick me up.

***

"I still can't believe that you're going on a date with that skunk." I snorted at Sophie's comment.

I add a leave-in conditioner to my curls, making them soft and juicy. I try my best to maintain my natural hair; I don't use relaxers and rarely use heat unless it's for important events. I trimmed my hair an inch last week, but I kind of want to cut it into a bob. I decided against it, though, not sure if I'd like it and then regretting it for the next year while it grows back.

"Just because people say he's a player doesn't mean it's true. Most of the things said about him are rumors."

I try to reason with her as I brush my hair and put it into a sleek high bun. I smile when successfully done with my hair and move to my makeup. I do a subtle brown eyeshadow look putting a darker brown in the crease of my eyes then a lighter brown on the lids making sure the colors blend nicely together. I apply brown lip gloss because I hate matte lipsticks. My lips always feel dry or crack even when I put on chapstick beforehand.

"Most? Do you think some of the rumors you hear are true?" She questions.

"Well, yes and no, because some seem reasonable, but some I know couldn't be true."

I heard he smokes, that could be true because I saw him with a joint. I also heard that he is gay, and that's not true because he wouldn't ask me out on this date tonight. Well, unless he's bi or is still in the closet.

I slip on my black jacket and boots. Then grab a belt from my closet and weave it around my waist. My look needs some jewelry, I thought, before adding some gold earrings and rings. Finally, I spray one of my Victoria Secret perfumes on me, finishing up.

"But what about him being a massive man whore?" A knock on the door pauses our conversation.

"Look, I'll go on this date and tell you if he is. If you're right, then I'll buy you any ice cream you want." She thought for a moment as I applied one last coat of mascara.

"Alright, but be careful." I nod and give her a quick hug before grabbing my purse and opening the front door. "Hey, you look lovely," Rider says as I walk out.