Chapter Twelve| Lucas

The guys and I take a break from band practice because we got hungry, so Austin went to get some pizza. We didn't have enough cash on us, and Austin volunteered to find an ATM and bring us some pizza. I hope it's from Mario's; he makes the best pizza. I would have gone, but I don't have a car or license yet. I'm the youngest member of the group who is still under eighteen. But I do know how to drive Jake taught me before he left for college.

"Shouldn't he be back by now it's been 45 minutes," Micah whines.

"Maybe it's traffic," I say. After five more minutes, Austin comes back.

"What took you so long, man, I was dying of hunger?"

"Stop over exaggerating, Micah," Austin huffs as he put the pizza down. He takes a sit on the couch and grabs a slice for himself.

"What took you so long?" Cameron reiterates.

"I ran into Jamie and her date at the pizza place, sorry, man."

He looks at me, and I just stand here with shock. Why do they keep insisting that I like Jamie more than a friend?

"Austin, did you know who she was on a date with?" Cameron asks. "She said his name was Rider, I believe."

I get angry after having a moment to process what he just said. I've never been so disappointed in her until now. I thought Jamie at least hear me out on what I said about Rider. Is she doing this just to spite me, we haven't talked in days.

"Dude, are you alright you look like you're gonna punch someone," Cameron observes.

"She's on a date with that fucking dick. Doesn't she know his a dipshit! Like serious, all he wants is to get in her fucking pants!" I yell in frustration.

"Luke, you need to calm down. Just eat some pizza," Micah offers. "I not fucking hungry. Austin, which pizza place were they at?"

"I don't think you," but I interrupt. "Tell now, or I swear to god I will," I clench my fist harder, pulling on his shirt collar. I wasn't going to hit him, but I'm so furious I need to let my frustration out on something, preferably Rider's face.

"They were at Mario's 10 minutes from here."

I grab Austin's keys and get in his car and start to drive to Mario's. I grip the leather steering wheel harder and press on the gas to speed up. I don't want to miss my chance at smashing Rider's head into the wall. I'm risking everything right now, so I pray I don't get pulled over because I turn 18 next month, which is when I can legally drive. I sigh, parking outside of the restaurant.

When I enter Mario's, I didn't see them inside. Damn, I missed them.

"Hey, Mario, have you seen a girl with curly dark brown hair, and a tall guy with black hair also looks like a douche?"

"Yes, they left ten minutes ago," he replies. "Do you happen to know where they were headed?"

"I heard them saying they are going to the movies. Lucas is this girl cheating on you is this why you're trying to find them?" Mario and his wife are like family. I feel like I can tell him anything and he won't judge, but I don't have time tonight.

"You can say something like that." I only said that because it was quicker to tell than the actual truth. My friend is making a mistake with an asshole, and I have to stop her.

I head to the movie theater two blocks down. I look at all the movie choices that are playing. Then I see Us, and I remember that she wanted to check out but not alone. I suggested we watch it on our next movie night.

"One ticket to Us," I request to the person in the ticket booth.

"Sorry, we sold out ten minutes ago come again tomorrow." She says in a monotone voice.