Chapter Three| Jamie

I take a seat in 5B except, and mine is the middle one, but I decide to take the window seat because no one is sitting there. "Excuse me, Miss, this seat is 4B."

"Look, I just want to seat in the window seat can I at least have that to look forward to on this stupid flight to hell."

I look up at the man who just ticked me off, but I regret yelling at him because of how attractive he was. Leave it to me to be rude to the most handsome guy on this plane. His piercing baby blue eyes gleam from the shining light beaming through the window—his smile making little creases in the corner of his eyes. The man's gold locks are wrapped neatly into a small bun nestled on top of his head. I can smell his cologne, a powerful combination of lemon and spearmint, and slight manly musk. I can't tell if that's all his cologne, or is it a mixture with his natural scent. His black Red Hot Chili Peppers shirt clings to his well-toned muscles while his jeans are slightly baggy.

"Well, I guess someone doesn't like plane rides." A strange giggle erupts from my lips. God, what is wrong with me. "I'm sorry I just want the window seat because I'm forced to go on this plane."

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asks.

"No, I don't want to pour my problems onto you." He seems nice, but my problems don't need to be his.

"No, I don't mind, plus we have like over 15 hours to kill." He did have a point; this is a long flight. So I choose to tell him about how I wrecked my parent's car and why they're forcing me to move to Australia.

I like him, and he seems to get me. Then I realized I didn't even know his name.

"Oh, I forgot to ask you, what is your name?" I'm curious about who the man I've gotten to know for the past hour.

"Jake," he says. "Well nice to meet you, Jake, I'm Jamie."

"Jamie. That's a cute name." My face heats up at the compliment. Plus, everything sounds better with his accent.

I don't know why, but I feel like I already know the guy and we met just an hour ago. Maybe it's his mesmerizing eyes or friendly smile that makes it easier to tell him anything. He reminds of the first boy I loved—I was young, so I don't know if I should call it love—but I do know I haven't felt so excited that my heart could just give out from beating too fast or petrified that I won't see him again. If soulmates do exist, he is the only guy I'd consider because that exhilarating feeling was the only time I experienced it. I never felt that for my summer flings or ex-boyfriend Jared, just him. I remember the day we met, what we did, what we wore, but can't remember his name, and it still drives me crazy. I wonder if he still looks the same or if puberty did an entire 180.

"Well enough about me. Why are you on this plane?" I ask. He tells me he's visiting his family over the fall break.

"Wait, fall break, but I thought it was spring," I say.

"In Australia, the seasons are opposite of the ones in the states."

Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Does that mean the school years are different too?

"So how old are you? Are you in college? Are you studying abroad?" I rush, wanting to know more about him.

"Wow, you ask a lot of questions, but I'll answer them. Yes. Yes. And I'm 19."

After thousands of questions asked from one another, I learned that he had an older and younger brother my age and a girlfriend, sucks. I thought we could do something while he's here, but it's alright. He also shares many embarrassing events. Jake tells me about a time he and his little brother got in a fight over this hot older girl. He was fifteen and little brother thirteen, the girl, Romona, was seventeen and used to babysit them three years ago. Romona wasn't interested in either of them because she only saw them as the dorky kids she babysat. The two of them were oblivious to her flirting with their older brother and decided to have a prank war on each other. The pranks went on for two weeks until Jake saw Romona sneaking out his older brother's room half-naked at 2 am and told the youngest about it. They laugh about how stupid the whole ordeal is now, but they were hurt back then.