fifteen

Alondra, Serenity, Coop and Shawn all stood in her living room with a bunch of suitcases.  "Do you have to move?  Because I can hide you in my house."  Serenity offered, looking sadly at all the luggage Alondra stacked up.

"I won't be far.  And I plan to guilt trip him for not paying child support, so I'll come back every weekend like Spencer does.  With money."  They all laughed at her plan, and Serenity went forward to hug her.  "I'll make his pockets hurt."

"What happens to the house?"  Coop asked.

"Well, we own it, so it stays, but I don't know if I turn the water and electricity off because I still want to come here." Alondra explained. "I'm gonna miss you guys."

Next, she turned to Shawn and went to hug him. "You say that like you won't be back within two weeks." He said, but continuing to squeeze her in their hug.

Once she pulled away, Alondra went to Coop. "Have you told Spencer yet?"

"No, I said I was working today, so I can scare him at school tomorrow." Alondra smiled. The group was in silence for a few seconds until it was broken by a knock on the door. Through the window, they could all see the social worker, so everyone grabbed a bag to take outside and put into the car.

"Don't beat up too many Beverly kids."

"And don't argue with the cheerleaders for being too bland again."

Alondra laughed at her friends as she closed the trunk and turned to them. "I make no promises." She smiled. "Well, it's little me, off to Beverly."

"Bitch, you are not London Tipton."

"Not yet."  Alondra got into the backseat of the car like it was an Uber and waved to her friends while hanging out the window.  "I'll be back soon!"

× × ×

The social worker pulled up to a house and once she parked, Alondra got out to look at it in both amazement and disgust

The social worker pulled up to a house and once she parked, Alondra got out to look at it in both amazement and disgust. For starters, the house was beautiful and like the Baker house, it was gated and it had a huge driveway. The disgust she felt was because while her dad was living it up like this, her and her family were in a bad neighborhood worrying about getting food on the table and bills paid.

The social worker went to knock on the door, but even though she was living there, Alondra wanted to avoid her "father".  Immediately after the door was opened, Alondra could feel tension and inside, she was throwing up.  She had already managed to stack her bags to be able to carry them in one trip, so when she turned around and saw an older version of the man she used to adore, she brushed him off.

"Puedo llevar mis maletas yo mismo."  She said, slapping away his hand that reached for her suitcase and rolling her eyes.  She dragged them up the few steps and stood in the door way with no emotion on her face, waiting to go hide in her new bedroom.  Once the social worker left, Alondra started to wish that she stayed longer.  "So dónde está tú familia, Armando?"