forty one

The next morning, Alondra showed up to the Beverly Hills Café, because Olivia told her that's where Jordan was at, and she approached him with his arms crossed. "Did I forget a date?"

"No, you told me you were coming to the cleanup at the park yesterday."

Jordan's confused face became one of realization, and he nodded his head. "I was on my way to, but I finally met my grandpa.  He lives in Crenshaw, and he's been helping me with football."

"Oh, why didn't you just say that? I thought you stood us up or got shot somewhere on the street."  Alondra lifted her body to sit on the tall stool across from Jordan with her hands clasped in front of her.  "Well, you almost missed a shoot out last night, but what did you do your grandpa's house?"

The mention of a near shoot out fell from her lips so casually, so Jordan was a little confused, but decided to ignore it.  "Well, he was the one that trained my dad, and got him into the NFL, and that's what I wanna do with my life." Jordan began explaining how his grandfather was giving him football tips to be a better quarterback, and even explained how he and Olivia came about finding him. Somewhere in his story, the waiter came around and dropped a pizza, which Alondra assumed Jordan ordered before she got there, so she asked for a smoothie before he left.

"How was the cleanup?  Spence and Liv told me what happened with the gang thing."

"It went really well. A lot of people showed up, even Jaime and Evelyn, so it didn't take too long with everybody working. If you came, you would've had tacos from a food truck."

Jordan kind of zoned out in the middle of what she said, because when she said Jaime's name, he got distracted.  "Wait, the boxer that helped you and the cheer team?  He went to the cleanup?"

Alondra nodded her head and confirmation, took a second to thank the waiter that finally brought over her smoothie, and then turned it back to Jordan. "Yeah, he mainly helped the guys with the heavy stuff.  I was just with Serenity cleaning the playground and painting over the graffiti that was on the metal parts. You should come by and see it, it's a lot cleaner and brighter." She looked up across the table at Jordan while she was drinking her smoothie, when another question popped up into her mind. "How come you're getting tips from your grandpa? Is it like to be a better player or is there something going on with football?"

Putting down the slice of pizza he had just been into, jordan wiped off his hands and finish chewing before responding with, "There's a combine being held at the school this weekend. It's where all these recruiters from in state schools come and pick the best players. It's basically just a competition to see who's the best player in each position. But a lot of people get scholarships, so it's a big deal and I just wanna be ready for it."

Alondra was going to respond, but then a voice interrupted her.  "Hey, guys.  Oh, are you on a date?  I can wait by the door for my food if you want."  Olivia took a seat beside Alondra, but then she remembered that they made up and we're actually talking to each other again, and was now contemplating her last decision.  "This looks like a date, I'm gonna go."  She dragged it out before slowly stepping down and then quickly moving to a table across the café. 

When she sat down by the window, she waved to Jordan and Alondra before pulling out her phone to wait for her food again.  "She's kind of weird."

"Hey, that's my friend you're talking about."

× × ×

All week, the football team was getting their asses handed to them while Billy was training them to test their limits.  However, on Friday he went easy on them because he didn't want them to be too sore when the combine actually came.  At the same time in the gym, the cheerleading team was doing a lot better. Coach Chipman and Alondra didn't know if it was because Marcello had threatened the team, or because they were actually trying, but the girls were improving every day.  For starters, The girls were actually listening, so they didn't spend 20 minutes trying to make them pay attention and learn routines. With the drills and warm-ups, the team was finally putting in effort and coach had organized it so the best and or fastest people would go first with everyone else following behind them.

Their attitudes were better, but coach wanted to see what they would look like in a performance, so that's what they did on Friday. They had finally perfected a routine with the music, so Ms. C made them go outside onto the track and pretend they were cheering at a football game. It was basically just a way to see the spacing, and to make sure they could do it outside of the gym. For a minute, the guys on the field got distracted until Coach Baker threatened them all with suicide snaps. Them turning away kind of made the girls feel better because they didn't have anyone watching them in case somebody fell.

"Ladies, I know you're tired but at least show some energy!" Ms. C after blowing her whistle. "Actually we can take a water break." Seeing as how even Alondra was panting in exhaustion, Ms. C blew her whistle once more which made the girls sigh in relief. Some of the girls quite literally collapsed onto the track with how tired they were and because she felt like it, Alondra poured water on some of them as she walked by with her bottle. However, they didn't complain, partly because it felt good and partly because they didn't have the energy to yell at her, as if she would let them.  "Alo, they aren't dogs.  Stop that."

With a sigh, Alondra pulled her water bottle back to her mouth and went to go sit away from the girls on the floor.  "Are you not tired?"  One of the girls questioned in astonishment. 

"I recovered already."  Alondra told her with a shrug.  "You're not supposed to sit down right away, that's why I walked around."

"I'm going to bed.  Tell coach to leave me here."

sorry baes, got caught up JJ and Mariposa 🥱 i'm still so confused bc I STRUGGLE to write filler chapters (like this one), and because JJ doesn't get any screen time until like season 3, The entire book is like filler chapters. like 5/19 chapters are actually from the show 💀

also, I just realized that Jaime is also pronounced like Jamie.... Jaime's name's in spanish sooo pronounced like hi-meh :)

 Jaime's name's in spanish sooo pronounced like hi-meh :)

VOTE AND COMMENT FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️😡