five

Coop, Alondra and Spencer sat on the swings, talking about everything that's happened.  "When we first met, I didn't even know you were a girl.  First day at little league."  Spencer said to Coop.  "And you kept trying to flirt with the ice cream man to get free ice cream in your little cheerleader outfit."

"I was just born this way."  Alondra smiled, slightly swinging with her feet now above the floor.  "And it worked because he gave me free ice cream for all of us."  She said, glancing over to the empty swing beside her where Shawn used to sit.

"And I striked your ass out 3 times."  Coop gloated.

"You did that twice, aight."

Coop and Alondra both shook their heads, because he always denied the truth about that day.  "3, and when they found out, they tried to get me to go to the girl's league.  But you was like 'No!  If she go, I go!'  They needed your baller, 6-year-old ass, so they let me stay."

Spencer took a second to look between his best friends, his smile disappearing.  "I'm worried about y'all."

"You don't need to be.  Coop and I are fine."

"Yeah, you need to stop worrying about everybody else.  I got it handled, for real this time."

"And Marcos got a raise, and Antonio got a side job at Smittys so we don't stress about bills anymore."

Coop nodded, making Spencer look at her. "You just gotta trust us."

The trio went silent, but Alondra nodded in agreement and Spencer sighed, wishing they'd give him an excuse to move back to Crenshaw. "What?" Simultaneously, Alondra and Coop said the same thing. "What y'all looking at me for?"

"'Cause you're being all deep with us."

"Because you're being a pussy."

Again speaking in synchronization, Spencer looked between them before shaking his head. "Shut up."

"Stupid."

"You're both some putos." Alondra told them. "Now, shut up so I can beat you both in swings again."

× × ×

Alondra panted, sweat dripping down her body as she stood in her backyard. "Punch faster, Alo. And keep your hands up." Antonio instructed. "And don't show that you're tired."

Alondra panted, but kept punching the pads on his hands with as much force as she could. Being the only girl, Marcos and Antonio wanted to make sure she was able to defend herself. Plus it was nice to have a common hobby that wasn't video games.

When it came to 1-2 punches, Antonio sped up and made Alondra go faster until the timer on his phone went off. "Am I done?  Ms. Grace needs help before the cookout."

Antonio nodded, taking the pads off his hands so he could untie Alondra's gloves.  "Go take a shower first.  Hueles como mierda." 

Alondra's jaw dropped, so she punched him before running inside with him chasing her.  "I'm a minor, I'm a minor!  Mama, Antonio está tratando de matarme!"  She ran into her room and just a few steps before Antonio could get in, she shut her door and locked it.

For safety measures, she waited a few minutes before she went to grab clothes from her closet and ran into the bathroom to take a shower.  Ten minutes later, she was walking out sweat-free and smelling a whole lot better. "Mija, we'll meet you there. I'm still making tamales."  Teresa said from the kitchen.  "Tonio, go watch her."

Alondra walked out with her phone and wallet and listening to his mom, Antonio stood on the porch and watched Alondra walk over one house and then across the street to Spencer's house. "Ms. Grace, you shouldn't keep the door unlocked."

"I didn't, Spencer must've forgotten to lock it. Anyways, can you get started on the collard greens?" Alondra immediately got to work and took the vegetables out of the fridge. "I thought you'd be helping your mom."

"We prepared most of the food last night, so she's having Marcos and Antonio help her with cooking it."

"She's more prepared than me."

Alondra smiled and nudged her with her hip. "Everyone's gonna love your food anyways. Especially the Mac and Cheese." She was in the middle of rinsing everything when the doorbell was rung.  Dillion looked between the two women and shook his head, refusing to walk all the way to the front door.  "I guess I'll get the door."

Dillon nodded, sipping his soda and reading his comic book.  "You do that."

Once she wiped her hands on a nearby towel, Alondra went to the front door and opened it to a guy she's never seen before, but damn was he fine.  "Hi, um, is Spencer here?"

Alondra immediately spotted the bright red car behind him and the clothes he was wearing, which all told her that this was one of Spencer's Beverly friends.  "Not yet, he went to the school.  Who are you?"

"Jordan Baker, and you are..?"

"Alondra.  You're the guy that snitched about his permit and made him move, right?"  Jordan was a little taken back, but nodded with a nervous laugh.

Opening the door a little wider and moving out of the way, Alondra let Jordan inside the house.  Once he was in, he saw how cozy the place looked.  "Oh, you're the cheerleader.  Spencer and JJ talk about you."

"JJ?  I met him like 2 days ago."

"Yeah, he talked about how Spencer never mentioned how pretty you are, and how Dillon is apparently your boyfriend.  I can see why he talked so much about you."

Alondra tilted her head at the rich boy's flirting attempt, furrowing her brows as she looked up at him while he looked her up and down.  "Does that line usually work for you?  No one likes a snitch, Baker.  But you can wait for Spencer."

"Alondra, stop hounding the poor boy." Grace James said, coming out of the kitchen to see what was taking the young girl so long. 

"Do you guys need any help?"  Jordan offered. 

Alondra was trying to signal to Grace, trying to get her to deny it.  She'd rather he sit on the couch and wait, but instead, Grace subtly smirked her way.  "You can help Alo with the greens if you want."

Alondra out here on some 🤲🏽👎🏽👈🏽👌🏽🤟🏽👉🏽🤙🏽👎🏽👎🏽
remember the drama and sad shit i was talking about? yea, that's the next chapter 🥰🥰

Alondra out here on some 🤲🏽👎🏽👈🏽👌🏽🤟🏽👉🏽🤙🏽👎🏽👎🏽remember the drama and sad shit i was talking about? yea, that's the next chapter 🥰🥰

20 VOTES FOR NEXT CHAPTER ‼️