fifty two

Beverly had successfully won the game against the only high school keeping them away from the championship game

Beverly had successfully won the game against the only high school keeping them away from the championship game.  Not only was the entire stadium buzzing with excitement because they were finally going to have a shot at the state championship, but everyone was finally able to breathe because for the entirety of the game, the scores were only off by a few.  Even the final score was only different by a few points, but Beverly won nonetheless.

As some sort of celebration the next morning, because everyone was exhausted after the final playoff game, the group of friends met at the Beverly Cafe.  Including Chris who mistakenly made the decision to sit beside someone he knew, Alondra.  The entire time, she was poking his sides and his thigh for no reason and while Spencer payed no mind, either because he's used to it or because he was working, the Beverly group was watching the two in confusion.

"Get your greasy ass fingers away from me."

"They aren't greasy, they're moisturized, you ashy bitch." This time, instead of just poking Chris, Alondra full on shoved him and made him stumble off of his stool.  Alondra turned back to the table and continued to eat off of everyone's plates because not only was she too lazy to go order, but she didn't want to spend her own money; everyone meaning Olivia, Layla, Jordan and Chris.  "So what are we doing today?"

"Ordering more food because you ate mine."  Jordan grumbled, raising a hand to wave Spencer over.  "When I said I would feed you, I meant I would buy you food, not give you mine."

Alondra stared at him in silence, continuing to eat off of his plate while Spencer walked over. "You did not make that clear."

"Anyways," Chris said, pushing Alondra over and make her lean more towards Jordan, "a toast to the Beverly Eagles for doing something that South Crenshaw couldn't.  Getting to the playoffs with my boy, Spence."

"Because their quarterback isn't ass."  Alondra mumbled.  "Don't hit me, I'm a girl!"  She whisper-yelled, scrambling to move her chair closer to Jordan when Chris turned to her with a glare.

The group shook their heads at their banter, finding it amusing how long it's been going, while Chris lifted his glass of lemonade up.  "You know what?  Y'all should actually come to my crib tomorrow night.  My parents are out of town, so you know I'm throwing a party.  It could be a final celebration before we crush your dreams next week."

A certain blonde football player approached the table out of nowhere and the only thing he said before walking away was, "Party?  I'm on it." 

A few seconds later, everyone's phone went off.  Everyone meaning every Beverly High student in the cafe who had their phone on.  "How does he have my address?"

"How does he have enough storage to have all those numbers?"

× × ×

Friday night, since there wasn't a game, all anyone did was sports.  While the football team didn't have a game, the soccer team did, so Alondra's friend group watched from the stands. Before she even joined the Beverly team, they were already good, so it was no surprise to anyone that they had won the game. What did surprise everyone was at the other team barely scored, but nobody knew if that was because it was they were just off their game or because they had Alondra.