chapter 32

Anaïs

Looking around the dim room it then hit me that there was something sweet being baked.
Or not.

Maybe I was hungry.

Looking around I heard the movements of someone in the kitchen and I quietly walked there to find two small looking cakes on the counter top.
They looked small enough to fit in a mug and they were glazed with icing sugar then surrounded with strawberries.

My stomach growled. Yep we were definitely hungry.

Lucas emerged from no where holding a can of whipping cream and smiled sheepishly at me.
When did that get in here. It definetly was not there yesterday when I went to look for something to snack on in the refrigerator.

He looked like he expected to find me there as he gave me a longing smile. I did not return it.

I honestly did not know how to feel about all this.

"I figured that you would be hungry but I also knew that you were going to want desert first" he said handing me the plate of the decorated lava cake making me look at him with glassy eyes.

A man after my heart.
Literally.

I moaned after the first bite and his head snapped in my direction making me raise a brow.
Was I oblivious to what I just did. No

Was I going to act as if i did not moan. Yes

"How are you feeling?" He asked without touching his cake as i was halfway done with mine.
I was going to eat his if he continued like this.

Shrugging my shoulders not knowing the correct answer to that question I murmured "fine I guess" then went back to eating.

He nodded his head in understanding then silence followed next. The only sound that was heard was my spoon hitting the plate.

"I am sorry Anaïs" he said once more making me look at him.

"You said that like a hundred times already" I said blankly looking at him.

"I want to make everything better Ana I swear I wish I could take back the words I said three days. I havent been getting an ounce of sleep" he said looking at me as if my situation was any better.

I hadn't been sleeping instead I had buried my head into the fact that I wanted to capture whoever was after me to the point of where i got only two to one hours of sleep each day.

Today was the day I got to actually sleep and I still felt exhausted.

"What is done is done Lucas I forgive you" I said shrugging my shoulders looking at him and his face lit up making a small smile appear on my lips.

"This time I will make it worth it. I will for a fact not let you down" he said making me raise a brow at what he was uttering.
What did he mean.

"This doesnt mean that we are back to having sex" I bluntly said and he chuckled.
It was like he saw that coming and he nodded his head.

I then eyed the piece of cake that laid on the counter top untouched then looked back at Lucas who was already looking at me knowing what I was about to do. He moved the piece of cake further as I bent over the counter to try and reach it.

The result of my failed attempt was my shirt rising all the way to my stomach revealing my bare ass and everything else and that caught Lucas' attention making me reach for the cake as I bent even more not caring anymore.

When I got it I casually straightened up then looked at him who was still staring at me.
I smirked.

"What you look like you are struck by lightnening" I said looking at him and he brought his attention back to my face nodding a yes.