Chapter 23

Anaïs

When I reached I was late.
Really late.

When I arrived it was one hour past time I had piles and piles of paper work to do and I remembered that I forgot the file at home again.

Entering the office I slowly opened it and the first thing I noticed after the busy receptionist of my floor was that my office was so dark.

Damn heavy curtains.

Drawing them open I decided on a cup of coffee to keep me going then sat down.
I was planning to avoid Lucas as much as possible today and probably hope that I would never see him again.

That was literally my hope except from the time that I would be taking the file to his office

I buried myself in work until my office phone rang telling me to go to the boss' office.

I was puzzled.

It did not even sound like him who was calling but nonetheless I went.

I breathed in and out because of my nervous ass and decided to use the first set of stairs to think and then use the elevator on the following floor.

After praying that I never reach well I did reach and Liza was busy as well and after saying a small hi to her I knocked on the heavy and expensive looking door then entered after hearing a come in.

When I opened the door two pair of eyes bore in mine and I instantly held a breath.

They kinda looked alike except that one had blue eyes and the other green.
I had seen him before.

"You called?" I said after composing myself.

"Oh yes miss Mayer please have a sit" Lucas said mentioning me to sit and I did just that.

I sat and kept quiet which led to an awkward silence to settle in between the three of us for a good minute.

"I was looking at the work that you have been doing lately.
And I must say that you are doing a good job and I was told to give you the credits that you deserve and if you continue like this we might just give you a rise" Lucas said looking at the screen of the computer that was infront of him.

His brother looked between us as if he knew something was going on and I hoped this dumb head called Lucas didnt mention a word to him.

I could feel him looking between us as if he knew something was going on and at the back of my head I felt that he somehow knew.

Looking at him I nodded my head all the way through until he finished talking and that was when I finally said something.

"Thank you sir"  I said with a tight smile.
I was really feeling uncomfortable until none other than Ethan decided to enter and ouff did that man save my life.

"Jarred what are you doing here?" Ethan said greeting him with that bro hug they did and I just sat there watching them waiting to be dismissed.

It never happened.

After Ethan squeezed the life out of me he started conversing with the brothers and Lucas took that opportunity to keep stealing glances at me.

"Uumm.. sir can I leave now?" I asked looking at him and the boys stopped talking.

"Why so soon?" Ethan asked looking at me.

"Wait I havent even introduced myself nicely" Jarred stated.

"Yes you can leave but I didn't give you permission to" the man himself stated.

I rose a brow looking at none other than Lucas.