1

Aggravating nights are no longer spent babysitting my younger siblings since they left for their grandparent's house after hearing that mother would be moving out to California for her job and they didn't want to part ways with their friends. Of course, I would miss them, they can be irritating, but they're my family and I know they mean well.

The only trouble I found with moving, besides packing up the entire house and spending the money to fly our things across the country, was telling my two friends about the whole ordeal. I've been living in Rhode Island for my whole life, and I met one of my partners in crime, Madilyn Wilson when I was six years old. She was the new girl in first grade and at the time, I was one of the popular kids, so we clicked immediately. We added someone to our duo in third grade when another new student came into our school, Sara Savoy, and we have been the famous trio ever since.

Sara didn't have a very good family, her mother is an alcoholic and has been since we were kids. She has been in and out of rehab, which puts a lot of stress on her father and he normally picks up more hours, so Sara never sees either of them anymore, and is always over at my house, my mother became hers.

Madilyn has had the best life out of the three of us, she's lived in this three-floor victorian home since she first moved here and her parents are financially stable enough to pay each of their bills every month and still have money leftover for her to refill her closet with new clothes.

On the other hand, I wouldn't say life for me has been horrible, but it hasn't been the greatest. When my siblings and I were little, Mother had a falling out with her boyfriend also known as my ex-stepfather. Their breakup wasn't too good, he wasn't very kind about anything and for the last three months of their relationship, he constantly beat her until she finally had the confidence to go to the police about it and they said it was the second to worst domestic abuse case they had ever seen.

She became very depressed after moving out of the house we lived in with him, there were too many memories that she wasn't able to endure. She gained custody of the two little ones when their father went to jail, and I practically became their guardian since Mother was in and out of the hospital for suicide attempts.

Counseling helped her through her troubles, so she is better now even though she could get triggered easily if she saw a picture of him or heard a song they use to listen to all the time. After that, she decided to go to school to become a domestic violence worker in the local police department since she wanted to help people who went through a similar situation as her, she's one of their best workers which is why they're sending her to the California PD for awhile to give them some of her help.

When I finally talked to my friends about moving away across the country after getting some advice on how to tell them from my mother, there were tears and sorrows being shared all around, but they understood and are throwing me a going away party tonight before I leave tomorrow morning.

The whole grade minus some will be there, I heard there would be alcohol also, but I wouldn't be drinking since I didn't want to be hungover on the plane ride.

After dancing under the beads of water from my shower head, I was able to dry myself off and dry my hair with the hairdryer promptly before curling it with the hot iron and grabbing my laptop off my desk and lying down on my bed, only wearing a single towel around my chest, seeing as I am too lazy to actually put on some clothes. I logged onto my online schooling classes, Duolingo, and began my new German lessons until the time was running down to the dime. Up until two years ago, I was enrolled in public school but the counselor suggested online school after I tried committing suicide from all the bullying and I've been doing better ever since.

Later on in life, after realizing there was only an hour before I had to drive over to Madilyn's house for the party since her parents were the only one's allowing it, I struggled to pull my legs through the skinny jeans I was wearing to the get together, and my head was the biggest hassle to get through the hole of my pocket tee-shirt, but nonetheless, my hair and outfit is on point by the time I had to head out of the house. I slipped on my worn out Chuck Taylor's, grabbed the familiar keys to my mother's Chevy Impala and unlocked the car doors as I jogged out of the house after giving my mother a kiss on the cheek goodbye.