18

California air was fairly muggy on the ride over to the airport, even with the windows down. Kian was driving, which gave me a sense of relief, seeing as I have trust issues with people. Sure, I have lived with these boys for a few days now and I've known them for awhile per-say, but something about letting one of them drive a vehicle that can possibly kill us if we were to somehow crash, gives me much anxiety.

"We're here!" I beamed, hopping out of the car and continuing to jump in place while I waited for everyone else to pile out.

"Really? Didn't notice."

I rolled my eyes,"Stop being a sarcastic twat, Connor."

He huffed annoyingly before grabbing his luggage from the trunk and wheeling it into the entrance of the airport, away from everyone else. I grabbed my heavy suitcase along with my giant stuffed Simba from Kian, who was handing them to me, and I fidgeted on my feet while I waited for him to grab his, because I planned on walking into the huge building with Kian by my side.

"Ready?"

"Yes!" I screeched, dawdling along the sidewalk beside my best friend, "There's beaches in Florida and I just cannot wait any longer, they have the most gorgeous sunsets ever! Don't even get me started, I cannot wait to like oh lordy and--"

"I'll make sure to bring you down to Panama City Beach, it's amazing there... you'll be able to put your camera to good use too."

I smiled, leaning my head against his shoulder as we walked, "You brought our pennies, right?"

Yesterday Kian had taught me how to ride a penny board using his. Later that day before heading home, we had picked one out for me.

He nodded, "Yes, I made sure they were in the trunk when we left, I think Ricky's carrying them in."

"I'm sorry, I'm probably being really irritating, I'm just so excited and I haven't been to Florida before."

He wrapped his arms around my shoulders as the slider doors opened, and I gladly mimicked his gesture, spooning my arm around his waist. I could visibly see many people staring at us, so I quickly pulled away from him and skipped ahead into security. They had taken my bag through an X-ray machine and took it away while they patted me down. It was fairly awkward, but nonetheless I had gotten through it and was currently sitting down in the seating area while waiting for our flight to take off.

"Starbucks, anyone coming?"

"I've never been to Starbucks!" I chimed, meeting Connor by his side and waving goodbye to Kian as I walked over to the coffee place.

"Hello and welcome to Starbucks, what may I get you?"

"May I please have a grande Caramel Macchiato?"

"Oh sure, order up." The girl at the register exclaimed, getting Connor's order before starting to make our coffee. I heard the handicap people being called onto the flight we were getting on, and I glanced at Connor to see his reaction, which was useless. I rushed over to the pick-up counter and grabbed my coffee off of it before jogging back to Kian.

I took a tiny sip from my cup, "This is so good!" I blurted before I could stop myself, and my hands immediately fled up to my mouth. I began giggling and uttering a sorry to Kian. He laughed along with me until our section was called onto the flight.

"Here, you can sit by the window. It looks amazing when we go in the air."

I grinned from ear to ear, "Thanks kiwi."

I sat down at my seat and buckled up, for the diagram in the front of the plane had told me to. Kian sat beside me, clutching my hand on the arm rest, because he could plainly see my nerves kicking in, and I squeezed his hand tightly as the plane started up. Once the lady at the front was done speaking about safety, I took my headphones out of my pocket with my free hand and plugged them into my phone. I opened my Twitter app and began stalking Kian like I had the other night.