~004~

Virgil's POV

Remus and I went through the secret gate from behind the school and got to the abandoned playground right behind it. We saw Janus sitting with a plastic bag filled with food at a picnic table that was set up there a long time ago. The playground was used before by the children from a nearby pre-school. But ever since the pre-school shut down because of the lack of finances, only a few neighborhood children came back here to play.

"Re! Virge! Over here!," Janus called. Remus and I went towards him and sat at the picnic table with him. Remus sat beside Janus and I sat right in front of Remus. I put my guitar right beside me.

"They're not here yet?," Remus asked before taking a bite from the sandwich he got from the plastic bag infront of him.

"Nope. But they'll come soon. Let's eat first, we still have 20 minutes left," Janus said and got himself a sandwich from the plastic bag.

"By the way, what took you guys so long?," Janus asked.

I got myself a sandwich from the plastic bag also and took a bite from it.

"Virgey here made some friends," Remus said. His tone seemed like he wasn't amused.

"They're not my friends, okay? They're just my classmates," I explained.

"Yeah yeah, whatever. He was with Roman and the nerds," Remus said irritated.

"What? Why?," Janus asked surprised.

"I don't know, ask him," Remus said.

I shrugged, "Roman was forced to apologize to me because he was rude to me this morning, and Patton asked if I could have lunch with them," I said before taking another bite from my sandwich.

"He was rude to you?," Janus asked.

"Yeah, well, he insulted me by calling me 'emo'. I mean yeah, I am an emo but he used it as an insult," I shrugged.

"That motherf*ck*r," Remus grumbled.

"Now calm down, okay? I don't care about what he said," I reassured them.

"But that Patton apologized this morning after him but I think Patton also forced him to apologize to me. You know what? That Patton is such a nice guy, I don't know why he hangs out with that a**hole," I said finishing the last bite of my sandwich. I grabbed a soda from the plastic bag and started drinking it.

"Oooohhhh I think someone has a crush~," Remus said. I almost spit out my drink.

"Wha-? What are you talking about?! I don't have a crush on Patton!," I protested.

"I didn't even say who has a crush on who. Why'd you assume I was talking about you? HAHAHAHA," Remus laughed. I could feel my face getting red.

"I just assumed b-because, w-well-," I stuttered.

"I'm the only single one here, alright?!," I exclaimed.

"Then why'd you say Patton's name? he didn't even mentioned anyone," Janus smirked. I could feel my face burning hot. I hid myself under my hoodie. The both of them obnoxiously laughed at me.

"I hate the both of you," I said grumpily.

"We love you too, stormy~," Remus said.

"Stormy!," The three of us turned our gazes to the voice.

A total of five children were running towards us. The three of us smiled and welcomed the five kids.

"Hey there, you little maggots!," Remus greeted the twins that hugged him, one boy and one girl both have brown hair and each of them have one eye blinded (The boy has his right eye blind while the girl has her left eye blind).