28. Tangled Threads

"Hadiya what's wrong with you?" Atif asked her, his tone strict.

"Nothing." She said not looking at him and climbed down the bed.

He held her wrist, halting her motion.

"Leave me." She said, sullen expression marring her face.

"Not before you tell me the reason behind your weird behaviour." Atif was determined to make her spill the beans.

"So now my behavior is bothering you? If that's the case then leave me na." She snapped at him and snatched her hand. She ran away from there leaving behind a flabbergasted Atif.

                         ********

"Eishal, I think we should go." Uzair said when he saw her glistening eyes roaming around the children. The longing look she had, tugged at Uzair's heart.

They were at the park for some fresh air.

They had returned to their home because Uzair needed to join the office.

Everything was coming to it's place, but they knew piece of their heart has lost which would not be found in this world.

Uzair was able to control his emotions but Eishal wasn't getting over the loss.

She would wake up in the nights and cry for her child.

And the fact that chances of them having child was very less had added to their misery. Uzair never wanted her to know about this but somehow she came to know and the news opened her healing wound again.

"Eishu let's go." He held her hand and dragged her out of the park, hiding his moisten eyes.

*******

"Assalam o Alaiykum." Zulfiqar Ali shah greeted them both not before giving them his famous glare.

Their frozen form came into life and they greeted him back.

All the elder members of haweli were present there looking at the duo with different expressions.

"Zubair took U turn and took a step towards the exit.

Even though Haweli's female members accept his dadi jaan were aware of their secret meeting but the male weren't aware about it. He knew they will not appreciate his move and he might be in trouble for going against their tradition. But he was helpless in front of his stubborn heart.

" Where are you going now?" His father's thunderous voice chained him to the place.

" Baba jaan, I have some important work." Zubair took a deep breath and turned to him and answered  respectfully.

Isra was going pale on her place.

"Isra, gudiya come here." Fakhira begum gestured her chicken hearted nawasi, fearing she might faint with all the attention she was having.

"Zubair you also come and sit here." Faria stepped for her nephew.

Rebuking his fate he strode towards them and took seat near his mother.