25.Tangled Threads

"Zubair, how's everyone in the haweli? You came alone?" Faria asked him, whilst pecking his forehead.

It's been 22 days since they came to Sherwani mansion and he was missing her terribly.

His grandfather straightaway denied the idea of rukhsati this soon. Zulfiqar shah strictly ordered him to focus on work atleast for few months. According to him, he wouldn't be able to get time for Isra in that situation when he was always on his two feet, doing work for the villages under him to make them not less than any city.

"Zubair bhai, Isra is not here. She went to mumma's friend's house." Ifza sat near him and whispered in his ear which was loud enough for Faria.

Zubair with difficulty masked his disappointed look 

"Ifza." She chided her and looked at her nephew, who was clearly not happy with the news.

"She is sleeping in her room." She informed him, instantly his mood lighting up.

Faria smiled watching his facial expressions keenly and asked him in teasing tone. "Do you want to meet her?"

That's even a question. It's an absolute and prime motive of my visit.

He thought but nonetheless answered her respectfully.
"Yes phuppo jaan.

"Ifza.... Go... show your bhai her room meanwhile I'll prepare dinner for my favourite son." Faria said pinching his nose in adoration and left for the kitchen.

He stood up but Ifza remain seated whilst folding her hand on her chest and smirking at him.

" What?" When she kept her demeanor like that Zuabir asked her irritated. He was being  impatient.

"Bhai, shouldn't you spend some time with your sister as well. You know I have so many things to tell you." She feigned innocence, enjoying his restlessness.

"Gudiya, I will listen your talks later now show me the room." He refrained himself from snapping at her.

She nodded understandingly whilst biting her cheek to suppress the threatening smile and lead him the way.

He sighed in relief and followed her, his heart beating in fast pace, a smile playing on his lips. After all he was going to meet her after 22 days.

Ifza left him in front of the door and scurried away not forgetting to wink at him.

He shook his head at her and pushed the door without bothering for the knock.

He roamed his gaze all over her room which was in pink and white combination, giving princess vibes.

My princess

He remembered the night when she called his room the boring one and his smile broaden at that.

His breath hitched when his gaze fall on her angelic face. She was sleeping without any care of the world cuddling with a big baby pink teddy bear , her mouth slightly open, her long hair falling from the bed, her legs tangled with her white furry blanket.

In a trance he walked near her and sat beside her, his gaze fixed on her face.

She squirmed in her sleep and her hair covered her half of the face blocking his view.