5. Unexpected Love

"So, this is how you derive the formula for magnifying power of a compound microscope." Hammad said handing her notebook.

"Umm...what did you say?" Zara held her notebook confusingly.

"What we were studying Zara?" He asked, scrutinizing his gaze on her.

"Umm... Physics?" She stated which sounded almost like a question.

"I'm not asking about the subject? What topic was it?" He was again losing his patience.

Initially he was angry because he had to stand in front of her door for hours and after thousands of knock she still didn't open her door. But the next morning he caught hold of her and started teaching her but the girl was very talented in wasting time. He would teach her and she would yawn thousands of time, would go to drink water hundreds of time and would get up to eat tenths of time.

And the remaining time she would waste, whining about how hard science was for her and it was all fault of her dadi who forced her to take science.

Hammad was tolerating her because he knew he needed patience to teach a student like her. She was one intelligent girl but uninterested in her studies.

"Can I answer your question after having lunch? See it's past lunch time." She said and got up before Hammad could say anything.

"This is not gonna work." He mumbled shaking his head hopelessly.

After lunch, when he came to her to teach her again, he found her laughing loudly, clutching her stomach whilst watching Tom and Jerry show.

“Can we start now?” He asked politely, sitting beside her.

“ Please, I promise I'll study after watching this episode.” She requested him, showing him her puppy dog eyes.

   _______________

"Hammad, your medicines." Zara extended her hands towards him.

"I'm not taking it until and unless you promise me to take your studies seriously, it should be a real promise." Hammad knew she was way too serious about his health and to tame the untamed girl this was the only solution he came up with.

He wanted her to get highly educated.

" You can't be kidding me?" She was shocked, hearing his blackmail.

" Of course not. I'm serious." He said and busied himself in his file.

"Hammad...." She whined helplessly.

He ignored her whining and kept looking at his file.

"Okay fine, I promise I'll seriously study for my board but don't expect me to do good in my upcoming test because I don't have lots of time for it but for board I've and almost two months and I will try my best for it." She promised, not finding any way to deal with the black mailer daemon.

"Good." He said and took the medicines from Zara's hand, smiling victoriously at her.

  _____________

"Oh my God!!! I can't believe I  got 68% marks in my board. I swear this is the highest percentage I've ever got in my entire life." She was jumping up and down and squealing in happiness.

Even though Hammad was not happy with her result but he didn't show it.

" Where are you taking me for a celebration?" She stood in front of him with twinkling eyes.

" Celebration? For what? " He didn't get her.

"For my success." She said proudly.

Only if she knew that her husband never celebrated even after getting 98 percent in his board.