4.Tangled Threads

"Serve me first." When he saw her approaching for the dishes and taking out on her plate only, he ordered her rudely.

On his wish she was called to have her breakfast with him.

"Use your hands." She said and started eating like no tomorrow.

"Don't test my patience and serve me before I do something wrong." He hissed under his breath, not wanting to get heard by the army of maids, he just sent out to have alone time with her.

She served him not wanting to be at the receiving end of his beasty behavior.

Ignoring his victorious smile she dived into her food.

She had better things to do than to argue with that arrogant man.

And the first and foremost was to talk to her parents.

"I want to talk to my parents." Finally she spoke to the devil after breakfast.

"So?" He asked nonchalantly.

"I need your cellphone." She said gulping down nervously.

She never liked to take someone's favor and specifically  from that person who get on her nerves all the time.

To her surprise, he extended his phone without any further argument.

"I'll be in the study." He said before striding away.

She took it, sighing in relief and went to a secluded area of the lawn.

After half an hour of conversation, when she was sure that her parents and siblings are safe, she cut the call and when she realized the time, her eyes widened with fear.

"Now he will definitely endow me with his beautiful, honey dipped romantic words." She spoke to herself sarcastically and strode towards the study.

But again to her surprise, he took the phone silently and asked her about the well-being of her parents.

She almost fainted with the shock of her life.

Uzair ali shah is speaking nicely with me?!!!

Am I dreaming or what?

"You didn't answer me. How are they?" He repeated his question looking at her intently.

" Fff......fine." She stuttered, still in shock.

" You have started stuttering again." He slyly smirked at her.

At that she just glared him before leaving the study.

'Zaruri to nhi zaban se kahen dil ki baat
Zaban ek ar bhi hoti hai izhare mohabbat ki.'

(It's not necessary to say the words of the heart
There are other ways of confessing love as well)

He recited these lines whilst looking at her retreating figure from the glass wall.

        ***