6.Tangled Threads

"Now that everything is fine, shouldn't we inform Eishal about all this?" Madeeha asked her husband whilst serving him tea.

"I think we shouldn't talk about this on the phone, we will visit her this weekend," Yawar said after thinking a little.

"Hmm, you are right." She agreed before picking her own cup of tea.

It's been a while since they were peaceful.

Hamdan and Hadiya were enrolled in a very reputed school with Atif's help.

They weren't certain about why Atif was so merciful to them but Madeeha had witnessed many a time his speaking gazes towards Hadiya.

Madeeha would have been glad for that, but Hadiya was just sixteen and Atif was probably 27. The huge age gap would leave Madeeha pondering between yes and no.

She doesn't want to sound ungrateful to Atif and she didn't even open the topic to her husband.
Before anyone, she wanted to speak to Eishal, and she couldn't speak to her about it without telling her the whole fiasco.

So she wanted to meet her daughter and she was glad she would soon be able to clear her head.

Gulping the remaining tea in a go, she sighed in relief, while her heart prayed for the best destiny of her children.

    ***  

"Why are you playing with your food," Uzair asked her, who mentally seemed absent from there.

"Uh huh?" She looked at him quizzically.

She had prepared herself before coming out of her room to act normally and not let affect the fact that he loves her but her mind would rewind everything that happened yesterday.

"What is that you are thinking so intently? You couldn't even hear me." He asked her nonchalantly and motioned her to eat.

"Nothing." Saying she started eating her food hastily.

She was feeling so awkward and she needed to calm down her escalating heartbeats.

"Were you planning to kill me or what?" He asked her again but there she was in silent mode.

"What is up with you? You are behaving weirdly. Is there something bothering you?" Now he was concerned about her unusually silent mode.

"Nothing, I was just missing Ammi baba hamdan and hadiya." Finding nothing as an excuse she blurted out and he nodded this time understandingly and Eishal sighed in relief on being left alone.

"Come with me to the study." He asked her in his usual bossy tone before striding out of the dining.

She followed him behind.

"It's for you." He handed her a black sleek smartphone.

"For me?" She asked pointing towards herself with a disbelieving look.

"Yes for you."He handed her the phone.

"I have saved important contacts as well." He smiled seeing her happy face.

She took the phone and from the look of it, it seemed very expensive.

"No, I cannot take it." The next second she handed it back to him.

"What do you mean you can't take it?" He sounded furious.

"It's expensive and I can't take that." She couldn't find herself to take that costly gift.

"I'm not asking you to keep it. It's yours and you are taking it. Deny me and see the consequences." He as usual used his only weapon against her to make her submit, his anger.

Seeing him so furious, she took it back and ran away mumbling thank you

'He could have made me take with love also but the great Uzair Ali Shah should have to be a roaring lion and destroy every chance of us being lovey dovey.' In her room, whilst operating her phone, she was busy conversing with herself.

'Would there be any day, when he wouldn't scold me'. She thought audibly before keeping the phone in a drawer and went out to help Rashida.

Her whole day passed in a blink. She did her dinner as usual with Uzair and came to her room.

Before sleeping she thought about talking to her parents, so she opened the drawer and took out her phone.

She opened the contact list.

"Ammi, baba, Sartaj" She was reading her contact list and at the end, she was confused to see someone else's name, she didn't know.

"Who is this Sartaj?" She was curious so she did what she thought was a great idea to know who he was.

She dialed the number and within a few rings the call was picked.

"Who is this Sartaj?" Before the person from the other side could even say hello, she fired her question.

"The correct question would be 'whose Sartaj is this?'." The person spoke and Eishal almost fell from her bed and she hit her head on her stupidity.

"W.... Why  would you save your name like that?" Gaining a little confidence she fired her next question.

"Now that's the question I want to answer you wholeheartedly but for that, I have to come to you." He sounded really unusual and that quickened Eishal's pulse and her palms became sweaty.

"No... no.. no, that's fine. I don't want the answer." She hurriedly cut the call before he could say anything turned off the lights and hid herself fully inside the blanket.

'I'm planning to make him confess and here I'm not getting enough of my own stupidity to embarrass myself in front of him.' She thought before sleep engulfed her.

  ***

'I shouldn't feel like this towards a child. It's so bad. But.... but how I feel for her is not in my hand.' He was pacing on the lawn whilst everybody was sleeping peacefully in that huge mansion.

' In the first place, I shouldn't have gone to help them settle, in that way, I would have never come across that innocent angle and my heart wouldn't have been out of my control, my gaze wouldn't have disobeyed my brain's command.' He was restless, he always thought that his love life would never be like Uzair's, his love life would be well planned but here he was in love but wasn't sure about the future of his love, what the destiny his love held.

' I will not visit them anymore and I'm sure I will overcome this feeling. Who knows, it might be attraction only.' Thinking this, he sighed and went inside  his room to take the much-needed sleep

Asslam o Alaiykum guys.