7.Tangled Threads

"Whats wrong with you? Why you have been sulking whole day?" Uzair asked him whilst going towards the parking lot of their office building.

"Its nothing, just workload you know." He tried to dodge his question.

"Its another thing if you do not want to share but I know work can never be the cause of your soar mood." Stating the fact he patted his shoulder.

"But, remember I will be all ears to hear you anytime." Saying he moved towards his car.

He stood their rooted for a while and moved towards his car as well with a frown.

'I should really have some control over my emotions.' Thinking he drove towards his home.

             -------------------------------

"Ahm....um... Ammi baba want to pay me a visit here tomorrow ." In the dinner table, she thought to let him know about her parents arrival.

"Hum.... good. Ask Rashida to prepare some  delicacies ." He said nonchalantly whilst chewing his food.

"Will.... will you be there to receive them?" She didn't want her parents to know  about the persisting Strangeness between them.

Hearing her, he stilled for few seconds but nonetheless asked her still acting nonchalant.
"You want me to?"

"It's okay, you don't have to sacrifice your time for me."He knew, she wanted him to be there but out of hesitancy she wouldn't ask him.

After that they didn't speak anything and silently had their dinner.

" I will be there." Wiping his mouth he said to her and strode out of the dining.

She smiled at that and stood up to clean the table as all the servants had retired to their quarter.

               - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As planned her parents came to visit her and Uzair met them respectfully. He was there the whole day to entertain them and Eishal was grateful for that.

"Are you happy Eishal?" Hameeda asked her when both the men were out to pray.

"Of course Ammi, I'm happy. Despite of the circumstances we were married, we are happy with the marriage and moreover everything happens for a reason ." She tried her best to assure her mother.

Madeeha nodded wiping the corner of her eyes and pecked her forehead. She missed her best friend like daughter.

" Eishal I want to tell you something." She took her daughter's hand in her's and started telling her everything, including Atif's interest in Hadiya.

"Ammi, why didn't you tell me before about all this." She hugged her mother and complained.

"Now, you have your own home to take care of. I can't possibly tell you everything happening around me." She detached herself and wiped her eyes.

"You didn't tell me about Atif? What should I do?" She wanted to wrap up this topic before the men arrive.

"He is very nice guy as far as I know. But dont you think he is bit older than hadiya?" Eishal didn't seem sure about it.