𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗳𝗼𝘂𝗿

"But I was wrong about him. He was pure evil. He had tortured her for many months upon end with no mercy. Then finally he stabbed her and let her bleed out to death while he burnt the house down. Yibo I'm a terrible mother! Because of me, Yili is like this. It's all my fault but I had to keep it a secret or else you and your family would've been killed. Yili threatened me! When I confronted him he confirmed that it was all true! I'm a bad mother. I'm not worthy. After all these years I feared for Xiao Zhan's life, scared that if I say anything he would be killed right in front of me."

Flashback
I woke up again sweating. That same dream. It can't be true right? "Another nightmare?" I was brought back to reality. "Dear don't worry. It was just a nightmare." I shook my head. "This is the sixth time that I've seen her die and you're telling me that it was just a nightmare? I'm afraid my ability is acting up again." Mu Chen grabbed my hands and held them reassuringly. "Let's deal with this in the morning ok? Let's go to sleep." I reluctantly laid down on the bed and eventually went back to sleep.

If I'm right then Xiao Zhan will be in danger.

The next I woke up got ready and called Yili. "Honey why don't you come over today and let's talk."

"Of course mother I'll be there shortly."

"Ok, then sweetheart."
After a while of waiting a knock at the door was heard. I opened it and let Yili inside. "Why don't we go to my office and chat there." Yili nodded his head we headed upstairs. "What did you want to talk about?" He asked. "About your girlfriend YangZi." Yili looked at me with a confused face. "What about her?" I frowned. "You know what you did yet you're still lying to me!?" I got up and slammed my fist on the table. "You, killed, YangZi but you're still denying it?!" Yili bursted into laughter. "And so what if I did kill her? What are you gonna do about it, mother." I raised my hand and slapped him. "You don't deserve to call me a mother," Yili smirked. "If you dare try to expose me you'll see your son dead with me too."

"Y-ou."

"Me what mother? You better keep your mouth shut or else there will be bloodshed so I suggest you to stop recording me and be a good mommy and burn it."

"Fine, I will but just remember, I'm not scared of you. This is to protect my family."

Yili laughed. "We'll see about that." He finally got up and left. After that, I kept the recording hidden to make sure Yili will never get his hands on it.

End of flashback
...
That man is so cruel. He even threatened to hurt his own brother.

"My life is forever broken unless I put him to jail. That's why I will give the recording to the police. If I fail to do so, Yibo please remember my words. Astray in the woods where my heart is carved, under the dirt is a key, if it is gold you'll know where the lock is."

What does she mean by Astray in the woods where my heart is carved, under the dirt is a key, if it is gold you'll know where the lock is. That must be a clue.

"Yibo...take good care of my son. I have to go now."