Alex starts to run her fingers through my hair and I smile at the comfort it gives me. "Wedding planning is hard," I mumble.

Alex chuckles, "It's only the beginning."
———
We are at the stadium and it is the day of the final and the girls are playing the Netherlands. Right now I am in the stand with Alex's family and Kelley's family. The teams just went into the locker room to change into their game gear.

"So," Jeni says and I look at her, "Have you and Alex started to plan for your guys wedding," she asks which catches the attention of Jeri.

I chuckle, "We are and the team wanted to help to. So they have been helping with some things."

The two sisters laugh and I just smile. Then the teams start the walkout and I my smile grows when I see the girls in their white uniform. The crowd cheers louder as the teams lines up.

Both anthems are played and the teams get set up to play. Alex kisses her wrist and points to the sky and I do the same.

The whistle is blown and the final for the 2019 World Cup begins.
———
There were multiple chances in the first half for us, but we couldn't find the back of the net. It is about the fifty eighth minute when Alex gets taken down in the box. My eyes go wide in worry as Alex stays on the ground. After a little Alex gets up and the VAR rules the foul as a PK.

I sigh in relief when Alex looks up in the stand towards me and gives me a thumbs up. Alex's and Kelley's family laugh at my reaction and I playfully roll my eyes.

Megan goes up to take the PK and the stadium goes silent. The whistle is blown, Pinoe runs up, and scores. Me along with all the other fans loudly cheer as the team celebrates.

"Yes, Pinoe," I yell as the team runs back.

I don't know how, but Megan heard me and turn to face me and shows me a big smile with a thumbs up.

Once both teams are set the whistle is blown.

Around the sixty ninth minute Rose runs into the box with the ball and takes a shot from the top. The ball hits the back of the net and the team instantly surrounds Rose.

The crowd celebrates and I start to chant, "Lavelle, Lavelle, Lavelle."

Others fans around start to chant and that is all that is hear, along with the cheers, in the stadium.

After the last minutes the whistle is blown and the stadium erupts into cheers. All the girls surround each other with tears and smile. They hug, laugh, and cry as they just won the fourth World Cup for the USWNT.

Once the girls finish celebrating with each other they run over to the family and friends section. I see Alex running over with a big smile and I can't help the tears that build up in my eyes.

When Alex reaches the stands she hugs her family. After that Jeri and Jeni gently shove me towards Alex. I lean over the railing and Alex stands on a box that is there. She pulls me into a kiss and after my shock, I kiss her back.

"The entire world knows now," I say when we pull away.

"I don't care. All that matters is that I have you," Alex says and I smile and I pull her back in for a kiss.