Going Home

I woke up and got out of bed, which Alex had already done. I opened my curtains to let some light in the room. I threw on some slippers that Alex brought for me when he came and decided to see how Jackson and Elijah were doing. I strolled towards the nursery to check how Jackson was and he was fine. I picked him up and i needed to get him into a baby grow or something, instead of him wearing the hospital clothes. I put him back down and made my way towards the NICU. I opened the door and some kind Nurse asked for the babies name and my name. I told her my name and she told me that my baby hadn't been given a name in the database yet. She gave me the form which had all the information on it, but a blank space for his name. I wrote 'Elijah-Alex Cruise'. She then pointed to his incubator. I was surprised to see that Alex was by the incubator with his finger in the little holes. I decided to watch them for abit, to see what Alex does. I noticed Alex was speaking to Elijah but i couldn't hear what he was saying so i ended up walking over. "Aw! Look at Alex and Elijah-Alex!" We both smiled and laughed.

The nurse then came over to us "Emma, your baby is recovering very well! If he continues to progress then by 1, he'll be able to be in the nursery with his brother!" She smiled at us. Excitement flashed across my face and i looked down and Elijah. "Mummy's little fighter" I whispered to him.  Alex smiled and stood up and hugged me. "What's up?" i asked him.

"I'm just so glad you and both of your babies are okay!" He smiled. "Let's go back to your room and get you into some normal clothes and out of this gown thing!" He laughed. We headed to my room and i got some joggers and a white vest top out of one of the bags Jason packed for me. " won't look" He muttered.

"Alex?" He turned back to face me "You've seen me in less clothes?" I said while standing there in my knickers and bra. I threw my hospital gown at him and he laughed. I threw on myrough clothes and walked towards my own sink in my room to brush my teeth.

I then quickly washed my face and had a look at my phone and i had 3 texts. Jason, Mum and Matt. Jason had text me saying 'Do you need anything dropped off? & hows the babies?' I just replied saying 'No thanks & the Nurse said Elijah would be out of the incubator at 1 since he's progressing really well!'. Mum just asked the same thing so i just copied and pasted what i said to Jason. On the other hand, Matt text saying 'There my kids too Emma! I was busy last night' I read this and i felt my face go red with anger. I never typed on my phone so fast saying " Well, i was busy HAVING 'YOUR KIDS' ". I turned my phone off becasue i didn't want to argue with him and see what he said back.

A nurse knocked on my door around 11:30. "Emma, we'd like to move Elijah to the nursery now, we think he's ready!" I nodded at her and told her that it was fine."This also means that you'd be able to take Jackson and Elijah home at 2:00" She smiled and went back to Elijah. I was so excited to be going home with my two boys. I'd only been in the hospital for a night, but it seemed like forever. I was still sore but that was to be expected when you've delivered two babies being 6 stone and 5 stone! 

I switched my phone on and ignored the texts and just rang my mum. "Hello, hows things?" She asked. 

"They're great!" I replied "I was wondering if you could pick all of us up and Alex at around 3?" 

"Yeah, of course i will! I'll put the baby seats in the car now so i don't forget!" I agreed and we said our byes. 

"Alex, mum's going to pick us all up around 3, okay?" I asked. He nodded and looked to the floor looking slightly confused or upset.

"What's up?" I sat on my bed besides him. He put his hand on my leg. 

"Emma, what you going to about school? Are you still going to go? I mean, your future!" He never stops worrying about me!