I cleared my throat, "You should eat something," I pushed a plate of Fette biscottate towards her, followed by jam. Andrea avoided anything too heavy for breakfast, and I didn't want to push her to eat something that wasn't a part of her routine. It took her a minute to register my voice as she looked up at me, her eyes locking on my neck. Her soft eyes were now coldly inquisitive as she met my gaze.

"If you're going to be sleeping around, at least show me the respect to not come to my bed with her marks all over you," Her anger was amusing, considering she was the one who'd left the faint tattooed kiss on my neck.

"I take it you don't remember what happened last night." I pinned her with my gaze, amused when her eyes widened in astonishment, no hint of the anger before.

"What—" she swallowed, her voice seemingly lost, "—what happened last night?"

"Your jealousy is uncalled for, considering you were the one who left it." I slid the plate further towards her, "Now eat. We need to leave in an hour." I started getting up since I was done, but stopped when her soft voice whispered,

"Nothing happened...right...?"

"I'm not that big of a bastard," I gritted through my teeth, leaning over her, "And if I'd have fucked you... you wouldn't be walking around without feeling me inside you." Her lips parted as she ran her tongue over her lower lip, making me increasingly aware of the tightening in my pants. Fuck. I really did need to get laid if something so trivial was arousing me. "I'll be in my study. Let me know when you're ready to leave." I turned around and walked out of the room in hurried steps. Any more longer in the same room as her, and I'd be needing to use the services of my hand again.

There was a soft knock on the door after which Andrea poked her head in, her hair falling over her face, a shy smile on her lips as her cheeks were coated in a crimson sheen. I nodded, and got up, picking my jacket from the hanger and made my way out, closing the door behind me. Andrea's eyes stayed on me, and I knew it was because I'd favoured a leather jacket over my usual suit today. Truth was, wearing suits inside Napoli was asking to get mugged, and I was quite done with my quota of motherfuckers for the week.

"Ready to go?" She nodded just as I placed my hand on the small of her back, leading her out towards my Ferrari.

I killed the engine in front of the cemetery, waiting for my men to give a clear as I turned to Andrea. Her eyes were closed as she leaned against the door. Once they'd secured the perimeters, I caressed her head softly, and she fluttered her eyes, blinking rapidly as she looked at her surroundings.

I didn't need to say anything else as Andrea straightened, and got out of the car. I followed her hurriedly, making sure she stayed close as she walked further inside the cemetery.

A N D R E A

I was perfectly aware of Lorenzo's eyes on me when I walked blindly towards la tomba di mio fratello. I didn't care that he had his eyes on me when my legs gave up right in front of Rick's headstone. My eyes trained on the bold inscription above his name.

Till we meet again.

Riccardo Astore Romano.

Tears stung my eyes as my throat closed up. Whoever said time heals was a liar. Or perhaps they didn't consider the scars wounds leave behind. My older brother was a scar that bled every time the mere memory of him embraced him. I wanted to ask him so many questions.

However, my questions would always remain unanswered.

Like why didn't he hold on?

Why wasn't he here?