Chapter 11 No Peeking

"Are you about ready for your surprise?" he asks setting the book down on the coffee table. "Of course," you get up.

He goes upstairs to get dressed. When the door closes you realize you don't know where you're going do you have no idea what to wear. When he comes downstairs you ask, "I won't know what to wear if you don't tell me where we're going." He smirks, "don't worry about it."

You go upstairs. He has everything all figured out. He has your maroon dress laying on the bed. That's his favorite outfit. It's what you wore on the double date with his brother and your sister. Mark comes in while you're changing and goes over to his nightstand, standing in the way so you can't see what he's doing, "can you zip me up?" "Sure," he tucks something in his tux jacket and zips up your dress.

"You go downstairs and wait for me there. I'll be right down. And no peeking," he puts a hand on your waist while escorting you to the stairs. "I want to know what you've got up your sleeve," you whine. "You'll see," he says as he closes the door to the bedroom.

You flip the page of the scrapbook, hoping to waste time until Mark is ready. The flashbacks hit you once more like a bus.